Discuss Ariston Eureka switch rewire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Ghost

I have to replace switch and cant find any wiring diagrams on line. Anyone seen this before? Where do the white wires go to and what is their function for a bonus of ten. So the wires are stranded 0.5 mm² coming from the thermostat. I hope the pictures are uploaded as nowadays you are working blind with them. The lower pic is the switch which may have push fits in the top of switch possibly for the neon light incorporated under the red plastic part.

View attachment 35087

View attachment 35088

View attachment 35086

so these are the wires to connect to the four spade terminals on the switch, and I am thinking the white wires go to the push fits on top of the switch to light the neon. But of course if I am wrong....I think I am wrong actually as I can see the neon connects to springs on the live and neutral bar in switch.

View attachment 35091

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @snowhead You defo get the bonus of ten there! I was asked to replace the switch as it had gone into meltdown twice in fact. So I assume someone has bypassed the TF. and this is why the meltdown. Think I'll get onto tech. tomorrow to see if I can get a diagram showing the specific connections. The signal lamp seems to have been removed there is just the bare cut off wires when I looked. Thats if I am interpreting the drawing correctly.The TF is just not in the circuit at all maybe someone thought, meh, just get rid of this whatever it is. So yeh just looked at one on Ebay and the TF is missing then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was asked to replace the switch as it had gone into meltdown twice in fact. So I assume someone has bypassed the TF. and this is why the meltdown.
Hi - probably spot on there with TF missing and SW melted - but why is it so? I'm thinking the thermostat is duff (insulated by limescale?) and driving the element too hard, or the element is duff (same issue) and the thermo is driving it too hard to heat the water. Or both. :)

Soo just been on to tech who confirm the TF must be fitted. @Wilko this is a commercial kitchen in Bristol town centre, they are using the water heater for all their hot water needs and working it like a donkey. Methinks they are pushing it to its limits. If you see the pics above they have the thermostat permanently up to max. The switch is quite a delicate looking thing for the job imo and without the TF will be bound to burn out in such circs. They may not have liked the heater switching off all the time and thought well lets get rid of the TF thats my take on it anyway.

That wiring looks very ropy!
I'll have you know that is some of my best work to date! Disclaimer:Any statement before this is made in jest and without prejudice.
Seriously for a mo though, yes it is and have advised client it needs work especially given the location. But they have to go to management commitee before these momentous decisions are made! You wanna see the access to the DB a hole cut in a door that you cannot open. I'll be advising them of that also as regards EAWR and access. Must post a pic its marvellous.

Reply to Ariston Eureka switch rewire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net