Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Aritect CS350 Alarm installed by Oakpark Alarms - Engineer Code in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Traveller19

Traveller19 EF Member

Hi All

I have a Aritech Alarm installed by Oakpark Alarms who have ceased trading.

Can someone please PM me the Engineer Codes?

Thanks

2. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear please let me back in to the prison cell.

3. buzzlightyear

4. buzzlightyear

eng code 1278

5. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Piece of junk anyway...scrap it and change the panel.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Traveller19

Traveller19 EF Member

Thanks for your reply. That’s the Aritech code and I’ve tried that but sadly it doesn’t work. I was hoping someone might know the Oakpark Alarms codes.

7. Traveller19

Traveller19 EF Member

Why does it say delete?

8. buzzlightyear

what was the question .

9. buzzlightyear

I was just trying to put some more information on here your you ,so I said to me self ,just delete it .

10. Traveller19

Traveller19 EF Member

11. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    You have to understand that some people may know the code but be unwilling to divulge it to someone they don't know in a public forum.

It may also be a panel that not many of us know anything about.

Have you tried contacting the company that installed it? If you have a service contract with them I could understand them withholding it, but I think they would struggle to justify not providing it if you don't. For all the customers whose alarms I look after, I don't provide them with the code (partly because I have a keyfob that grants engineering access and partly because I don't want to get called out for an issue that arises from bad programming that I didn't do).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Traveller19

Traveller19 EF Member

Thank you for your reply. Yes of course I understand that people might not be willing to give out the code, but sadly the company that installed it are no longer trading and the Aritech codes that I've found don't work so I assume Oakpark installed their own.

I totally understand the not want to get a call out for bad programming that you didn't do.

How do you recommend I get around this issue - apart from obviously changing the alarm ;-)

13. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    look at the PCB.towards the top left is a large IC. just to the left of that is a small jumper on 2 pins.power down, remove jumper.power up with jumper still off. then try 1278.

might then find that user code is 1122.

replace jumper when finished

14. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    If the company that makes the panel still exists (which I guess they do), you could give them a call and explain the situation. They may be able to advise you, but be warned, many companies won't help people who aren't registered as installers.

If it were me, I'd be looking to make a note of which zone does what and then I'd go for a hard reset on the panel to restore factory defaults and then I'd reprogram it.

Failing that, engage the services of an alarm company to reset the panel and reprogram it, ensuring they provide you with the code. For an idea on cost, if someone asked me to do this, I'd probably be looking at around an hour.

15. Traveller19

Traveller19 EF Member

I've got the Engineer codes from Aritect, but they don't work. So I believe that Oakpark installed their own code. I've been informed that if Oakpark installed their own code then a hard reset won't work as and will render the unit inoperable.