Discuss Armour cable ran to garage on 16a breaker in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dazza123

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have armour cable running from my house to my garage in a new build, it is connected to 2.5 that connects to my consumer unit, can i put a socket before armour cable for my wifes new battery hoover without any adverse effects? its protected by a 16a breaker then runs to garage on armour to garage unit?

Thanks for all your help

Daz

Last edited:
So you have 16a mcb, 2.5mm cable to I presume an enclosure somewhere that connects it to an armoured cable?
Assuming you terminate and connect efficiently only adverse effect will be loading issue

if it's a battery hoover, is it protected by the relevant legislation? i.e. does it have enough room to turn around/sit/lie. is it's cage kept warm and clean? are it's animal rights being adhered to?

So you have 16a mcb, 2.5mm cable to I presume an enclosure somewhere that connects it to an armoured cable?
Assuming you terminate and connect efficiently only adverse effect will be loading issue

Hi Kate, Thanks for your info, To answer your? yes the 2.5 is connected via terminal strip, just going to put socket in the middle and re connect a new 2.5 to armour cable, there is only 1 socket and one light running in garage so no issue then?

load wise, no. as your 2.5mm cable will take a load up to 26A and is protected @16A, only problem would be if your connections were not sound and you had problems there.

but i thought my post #3 had more thought put in.

Reply to Armour cable ran to garage on 16a breaker in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net