Discuss Ashley and Rock Supasafe MCBs - BS EN Number? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

SparkyChick

Staff member
Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone know what the BS EN number is for these now obsolete breakers?

Model number is MCB<RATING>G. I know they can be replaced with Hager gear, but I've not been able to find any clue (on the breakers themselves or on-line) about whether they are in fact 60898 apart from the odd erroneous site selling them claiming they are 61009's.

I'm assuming they are, but assumption is not a good plan as we all know.

Thanks

Christina

They normally have the rating and type on the front like B6 or C6 and they are 60898 in that case. Hager bought them out I believe. If it doesn't look like an rcbo on line then it is not a 61009 but a 60898.

They normally have the rating and type on the front like B6 or C6 and they are 60898 in that case. Hager bought them out I believe. If it doesn't look like an rcbo on line then it is not a 61009 but a 60898.

I'm 100% certain they ain't RCBOs, but they are being sold on-line with the RCBO BS EN number.

They definitely have B<RATING> on the front, so BS EN 60898 it is then, thank you :)

Ashley rcbos are generally two module so they are obvious.

I don't need to run an RCD test on them, they aren't RCDs as the board they are fitted in (like a lot round here) have a separate RCD unit, they don't have a test button and there is no neutral or functional earth connection to them.

I just needed to know their BS EN number :)

The RCBO was mentioned just because someone on-line appears to be selling the MCBs stating a BS EN number of 61009.

I just re-read the previous posts and realise it's more about deciding whether they are 3871 or 60898 rather than mcb or rcbo! You're right -it would be obvious if they were rcbo's! Been a long week!

Reply to Ashley and Rock Supasafe MCBs - BS EN Number? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock