Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss astra or passat which 1 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Jonesy83

Jonesy83 Guest

passat 53 plate 2.0 diesel 89.000 miles
    or astra 54 plate 1.8 diesel 93.000 miles both estate

car shopping tommorrow:smug:

2. Mark_Burgess

Mark_Burgess Electrician's Arms

Passat, but would rather the 1.9, those early 2.0TDI's have oil pump failures that killed the engine.

3. CRAGS

CRAGS Regular EF Member

I would go for the passat massive boots

4. vernam616

vernam616 Regular EF Member

Vauxhalls are a horrendus manufacturer, the VW will see you right and if you do get the 2.0 tdi, check through the history to see if its had the recall modification to the oil pump from belt driven to gear driven, only other issue they have is with injectors and without trying to put you off they cost a small fortune, IIRC around £600-700 PER injector

5. Jonesy83

Jonesy83 Guest

well had a look at the passat i like just not that one as the inside was very untidy so still lookin missis says they look ugly she wants a vectra now

6. tonycoysh

tonycoysh Guest

Go VW. Bought a 2.0TDi Golf last year after always having petrol Fords. Best thing I ever did. Still like my performance Fords. But for practicality and mpg I don't think you'll beat a diesel VW easily. And it's quite nippy too. 140bph standard but I keep thinking or getting it remapped to 175bph. So far the Mrs hasn't said no :smile5:

7. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

cause you havent told the misses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.