Discuss ATL/Trade qualified in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I thought ATL had gone bust?

Hi all. Has anyone here attended any courses run by ATL/Trade qualified recently?
Thanks in advance, Steve

Yes, I have, and I got thrown off of it because Trade Qualified hadn't paid their debts. Now I cannot get hold of anyone, they have moved offices and their telephone number is dead. I am £5000 down and in the process of getting legal advice. An absolute rip off, and I would advise anyone to not go anywhere near.

Mate, me and a friend have been on the course for 2 years, received an email from TQ saying ATL had gone into administration and the standards not good enough for TQ. They will contact us in time with more info...Been waiting weeks, my assignments not returned and rang operator and number for inquiries disconnected...Alarm bells are ringing...Anyone got any more info

Mate, me and a friend have been on the course for 2 years, received an email from TQ saying ATL had gone into administration and the standards not good enough for TQ. They will contact us in time with more info...Been waiting weeks, my assignments not returned and rang operator and number for inquiries disconnected...Alarm bells are ringing...Anyone got any more info
Yeah, I wouldn't hold your breath. I was frogmarched off of a course with them in December, and now I have been advised that they have moved offices with no forwarding address. I have looked up that the director of TQ also owns Future Training College Ltd, if that helps. I have contacted him through them, seeing as TQ are impossible to get in contact with. Hope that helps you?

Yeah mate it does,thing is I was gonna b on course in Dec also, can't believe they still took our money & they have done one...will look into that company ...is the director called Brian?

hi guys regarding the trade qualified - im in the same boat trying to get my 5k back and was also frog marched from the building in december. the only person i can get hold of is the sales man that called before i registered and paid my money to...

I have also been studying with Trade Qualified for the last 11 months, spoke to someone there in December right after they sent out that email about ATL going into administration. The chap I spoke to told me that the training for weeks 3 and 4 which is what I am due to do next would begin again in February and that he would put my name down to do it (at their new Stoke centre) and that they would contact me in the new year to confirm the dates etc.

Well unsurprisingly they have not contacted me, so after giving them a fair chance I started trying to contact they at the start of this week, I can't get through on any number, just an engaged tone all the time. So I have emailed them, no response so far. To say the least I am concerned, according to Companies House they are still active, and assuming the data is upto date they have not filed for bankruptcy yet.

Like others here, I paid them 5k upfront and I have had less than half of what I paid for so far, I haven't even managed to get the damn tool kit out of them yet, after messing about with it for the first 2 weeks they promised me I would get it on the 3rd, and before Christmas they chap I spoke to assured me I would get it when I attend Stoke. Right now I'm thinking there isn't going to be a week 3.

I'm not really sure quite what to do just now. I am worried though.

Oh incidentally, I decided to check out the post code for the Stoke centre, they don't give an exact address though, well according to Google Maps it's a boat company on a small Marina, there are about 4 businesses there and accepting for the fact that Google maps street and satellite views are a few years old I am still deeply suspicious, as Google searches still return the boat company as being at that post code, none of the buildings look nearly big enough for a trade training centre to me.

If these guys are going to try and do a runner with our money, we need to get onto this together I think, somehow.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was messed about a few times when trying to arrange my second week. When I got there, they were doing something totally different to what I was told we would be doing, and what I had revised for. I didn't get a tool kit in my first week either. The whole thing was a shambles. Companies house still holds active details for them, but I have been told that they have moved address. Anyone that I spoke to last month assured me I would get a phone call to deal with my request for a refund, but of course, nothing. Unlike you, though, I was not promised that my training would be resumed. I was not given any explanation whatsoever.

At this point I would prefer my money back really, I do not trust them at all.

I have contacted another chap I attended my first 2 weeks with, he has been messed about by them a lot too, I've sent him a message linking this thread, I was discussing the difficulty I was having getting in touch with TQL with him just a few days ago and he told me how they had messed him around, sent him home from a course in December and cost him about 400 quid in fuel and accommodation costs, it is disgusting that they can treat their customers like this.

I had a closer look at them online, their last recorded liabilities were very nearly as high as their assets, although they had a lot of money in the bank that can change from day to day. If they are going to fold, their liabilities to asset ratio is not very favourable from the point of view of us been able to get our money back from the liquidators.

Last edited:
im not that sure they are going in to liquidation they still have the gas training side of things and they must have a pretty healthy cash flow as most people iv spoken too pay monthly and they must have a few hundred on their books??
They are obviously try to pull a fast one though, ive sent numerous emails and letters - the first one demanding a refund was sent in december and i had acknowledgment it was received but nothing since.

likewise ive been trying to call, last week i got through and was informed they were changing address and the guy i spoke to couldnt give me the new one. This week i tried to call and just get the engaged tone and cut off!!

Ive tried calling ERR who are now running the training center that used to be ATL to see if they had any idea of a conntact address etc though he was helpful and called me back with some numbers - they didnt ring either?

Yes i think the new director is Vinnay something or other and from my internet searches i can see he is a director of some other similar company/s

Lets get a Facebook page going and bring this to light...I am enrolled on the plumbing & part p course...take it most of you guys are sparkie course...goes to show lots of other people being messed about

Wise up guys, you are so getting shafted. Your not getting the money back, At least realize this.

While you 'may' be right, I'm not going to just give up like that, not without a fight! ...no way in hell am I letting them just walk off with thousands of pounds of my money like that, not a chance. If we all just gave up and rolled over like that I dread to think what the world would be like.

Reply to ATL/Trade qualified in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net