Discuss Aube TH232 used under Travertine not working well in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

Nick Diligent

Hi

We've just had Aube TH232 electric underfloor heating fitted under a new Travertine floor in our conservatory and although the tiles are warming, they're doing so very slowly. In fact, we've manually set the temperature to 40C and its only at 21C ( on F mode) after 3 hours.

Can anyone tell me how quickly the floor should heat up and should we be worried?

Many thanks
Nick Diligent

electric UFH is notoriously slow in warming up. what wattage is the heating.? should be around 150watts/sq.yard.

I gues this is concrete sub, with heat sinking taking place you would be pushed to acheive any high temp.
fitting heat reflector boards does help though.

Just had a look at their site. It is a rebadged warmup kit. where did you get the 3450w from as if its on the kit it sounds like a 150w/m2 mat but i guess you read this on the stat as its maximum loading.

They do a 100/150/200 mat types and also a scread kit thats 220watt. My money would have been on the reflector boards underneath first as if you have not it will cost fortunes to run with 25mts of it.

thanks for the reply.

I did read the 3450 from the instructions and I'll have to check with the electrician for any other info. I know they didnt lay any reflector boards though.

we have a rad as well. Just surprised because the electric underfloor in our kitchen makes the tiles warm to the touch quite quickly. I'd understand the air not warming that well but i expected the tiles to get warmer than they are. i suppose I should have asked more questions at the time.

would have thought with the heat loss (apx 25-45%) on solid base and no board and possibly thicker tiles may be your answer.
Bit of poor design on that fella IMO.

Reply to Aube TH232 used under Travertine not working well in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock