Discuss Audi 80 92 2.0 l serious battery drain in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Mates van, sorted it earth strap dodgy, jumps leads to engine block and positive terminal.
Nice . I always used to earth from battery to a good earth on breakdowns to get them started . I have seen a lot of cables burned out churning away with a bad earth. Old choke cables were a favourite target too.

After talking to someone else who had a look at the engine he suggested a sensor (i can't remember the name) that sits on top of the engine connected to a trigger pu lly type device could be the problem!any ideas ?thanks.

There are few, lambda sensor also known as the oxygen sensor, but I can't see a sensor draining power, did you check the circuits to see what is drawing power when the engine is off? In the mean time fit one of these, you will lose radio settings etc etc

Audi 80 92 2.0 l serious battery drain Screenshot 2018-12-10 at 22.42.54 - EletriciansForums.net

There are few, lambda sensor also known as the oxygen sensor, but I can't see a sensor draining power, did you check the circuits to see what is drawing power when the engine is off? In the mean time fit one of these, you will lose radio settings etc etc

View attachment 46372
and if it's a coded radio, he's buggered, unless a spare battery ( an alarm battery will do) or a starter pack is connected to power the radio etc while the mod is being done. and that device looks like it'e been designed by a plumber and fitted by a wood butcher.

and if it's a coded radio, he's buggered, unless a spare battery ( an alarm battery will do) or a starter pack is connected to power the radio etc while the mod is being done. and that device looks like it'e been designed by a plumber and fitted by a wood butcher.
Used them on the Loti and E30 if stood a while they are fine and known in the trade.

After talking to someone else who had a look at the engine he suggested a sensor (i can't remember the name) that sits on top of the engine connected to a trigger pu lly type device could be the problem!any ideas ?thanks.
If it was the crankshaft sensor (or it's equivalent) then jump starting would not work either. From what I've read so far, I'm with the "bad earth or bad battery" team.

Seems to be the solenoid on the starter motor so replacement of all of the unit seemsbest.this seems most probable cause because it want start even after being driven.parasitic drain would probably leave enough charge for the car to start up after just being driven!the solenoid if faulty would cause this!so hopefully replacement of starter motor which has solenoid on top will sort the problem.!

Reply to Audi 80 92 2.0 l serious battery drain in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock