Discuss Australia,Lots of Irish.. No English in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Maddison

I'm working in Australia at the moment and seems to be a hell of a lot of Irish guys working here but only a handful of English guys. Not really sure why this is, the work is good. Good money, thought I'd see more guys here trying their luck, any thoughts ?

I'm working in Australia at the moment and seems to be a hell of a lot of Irish guys working here but only a handful of English guys. Not really sure why this is, the work is good. Good money, thought I'd see more guys here trying their luck, any thoughts ?

Probably visiting descendants of transported criminals. As i understand it, there were more Irish transported to Aussie than the Scots and Brits combined!! lol!!

because everywhere on this planet offers an open door to everyone except the English, ....some kind of payback for colonies and such...i guess
anyone can come here do anything, but you need a doctorate to be a street sweeper anywhere else.(if your from this country)..(i.e. it is made as hard as possible)

I lived and worked in Sydney for a number of years and found the same thing , bondi junction was like a little Dublin ! Saying that tho they were all spot on think I met two English sparks at most ! I'm Scottish btw !

sorry, i should of said British rather than English....ppl from Britain seem to have a harder time doing any kind of international moving about.....even to those that are supposed to be closest to us (canada, Aus)

id go to canada, amazing place, missis hates cold,.....soooooooo )-:

sorry, i should of said British rather than English....ppl from Britain seem to have a harder time doing any kind of international moving about.....even to those that are supposed to be closest to us (canada, Aus)

id go to canada, amazing place, missis hates cold,.....soooooooo )-:
well once she gets to grips with the oven....
and hey presto....
no more cold for her....and as an added bonus your tea is on time...

The reason is because the Irish economy is a basket case and they can no longer pop over to the UK to take up the slack cos the poles have beat them to it

Reply to Australia,Lots of Irish.. No English in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net