Australia Australia or not?

Discuss Australia or not? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all I'm a young electrician with all the basic papers and 2391. I've been told that i would have 70 point so 10 more than need to start and apply for a full time visa, just wanted advice form guys who out there or tried to get one, been told by a company it will cost around 1500 pounds to get a visa sort, any advice wud be great

thanks Dave

p.s. Would u go to Australia ?

check out the thread on australia takes the p***. several other threads about oz.

If you scroll right down to the bottom of the thread you should see a section called 'Similar Threads', you can get some info from those although it's always worth bearing in mind old they are because this is the sort of info that goes out of date as requirements and regulations regularly change.

A friend of mine moved to oz and set him back approx £6000 for his visa, solicitor etc, and even though he was born & bread in the UK, possesses a GCSE in english, he still had to take a superior english test!
Since he has been there, he has been messed about no end. Even getting ripped off with pay and repairs to his car etc etc ...

Be prepared to spend a fortune getting in there to work . . .

A friend of mine moved to oz and set him back approx £6000 for his visa, solicitor etc, and even though he was born & bread in the UK, possesses a GCSE in english, he still had to take a superior english test!
Since he has been there, he has been messed about no end. Even getting ripped off with pay and repairs to his car etc etc ...

Be prepared to spend a fortune getting in there to work . . .

Eh?? Why would any English speaking countries citizen need to take an English test?? It's not as if our Ozzi mates down under are particularly well versed in the Queens English themselves!! lol!!
So what of all these immigrants from Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, South America, etc, do they need ''Superior'' English too, ....best of all, what about the Kiwi's??

Think your mate has been pulling your leg on that one!!

Probably aimed at preventing or slowing down people who've recently attained UK citizenship and want to make the leap to Australia.

Have you been to Oz for a holiday yet?

I went about 6/7 years ago, it's not a bad place but don't believe in the hype. Each to their own though

Eh?? Why would any English speaking countries citizen need to take an English test?? It's not as if our Ozzi mates down under are particularly well versed in the Queens English themselves!! lol!!
So what of all these immigrants from Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, South America, etc, do they need ''Superior'' English too, ....best of all, what about the Kiwi's??

This is for real!, he had to travel from durham to london to do the test and cost him a few quid too . . I couldn't believe it either
I do see your point though !

I think it would be a good idea to come out on a working holiday. You'll get a good understanding whether you think you can live out here. I live in Darwin at the moment. ( work purposes only ) and yeah it's nice to have the sun out everyday but it puts a lot of stress on your body. It's hitting around 38-39 degrees everyday at the moment. Soaking wet all day as it's the wet season. Moral of the story. Stay as far away from darwin as you can lol

I went there in 1996 on a visa like yours,i think it was a residency return visa anyway my advice would be this go for a holiday there and see if its for you as a lot of people that emigrate to Australia do return home. Its a great place but very different from here and its not to every ones liking. But good luck if you decide to go.

Ive also heard this, I don't believe its mandatory for us but if u do it and pass it gets u extra points.....

Reply to Australia or not? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock