Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Australia skills assessment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Gb91

Gb91 New EF Member

Hi guys I’m doing my Australia skills assessment end of this month to hopefully obtain a visa at the end of it. Was wondering if anyone has recently done it or can offer any tips or advice for it?

2. Jimmy_88

Jimmy_88 New EF Member

Hi, is this to gain an OTSR cert? I can’t help with your question but I am looking to start the process in a couple of months time. I’ve been told it can take up to a year to get the visa granted, are you using a migration agent?

3. Gb91

Gb91 New EF Member

Yer I’m using a migration agent but would suggest doing it on your own. It will be a lot of work but you will probably get through the process quicker. If you can get your references together pretty quickly that will help.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jimmy_88

Jimmy_88 New EF Member

Thanks I’ll keep that in mind. I spoke to one yesterday but he was more concerned about me paying upfront fees without explaining the process. When did you begin the visa process?

5. Gb91

Gb91 New EF Member

Yer my visa agent was emailing, ringing and texting every other day but once I paid I couldn’t get hold of him for a couple of weeks. At least if you do it yourself you can be onto it everyday they basically just pass the stuff over that you send them. Last summer but I had issues getting references