Discuss Australian GP in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

needs a team of scousers in the pits. that'll speed up the wheel swaps.

"The Ferrari F1 team fired their entire pit crew yesterday."
This announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the British government's 'Work for your Dole' scheme and employ some Liverpudlian youngsters.
The decision to hire them was brought about by a recent documentary on how unemployed youths from Toxteth were able to remove a set of wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew could only do it in 8 seconds with millions of pounds worth of high tech gear.
It was thought to be an excellent, bold move by the Ferrari management team as most races are won and lost in the pits, giving Ferrari an advantage over every other team.
However, Ferrari got more than they bargained for!
At the crew's first practice session, not only was the scouse pit crew able to change all four wheels in under 6 seconds but, within 12 seconds, they had re-sprayed, re-badged and sold the car to the McLaren team for 8 cases of Stella, a bag of w**d and some photos of Lewis Hamilton's bird in the shower

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to Ferrari up at the front.... wonder if they will stay in that position til the end of the race.

Rosberg looks rattled already, so fingers crossed he slips behind a few cars at the start and has engine failure on lap 7 - not that I'm biased!

Bernie Ecclestone really did the F1 fans no favours when he agreed the deal with Sky - not everybody can afford nearly £60 per month to watch F1.

If the F1 channel was available on its own I'd probably get a dish tomorrow!

Good to Ferrari up at the front.... wonder if they will stay in that position til the end of the race.

Rosberg looks rattled already, so fingers crossed he slips behind a few cars at the start and has engine failure on lap 7 - not that I'm biased!

Bernie Ecclestone really did the F1 fans no favours when he agreed the deal with Sky - not everybody can afford nearly £60 per month to watch F1.

If the F1 channel was available on its own I'd probably get a dish tomorrow!

I actually have sky but i'd rather watch it on the bbc. The problem for me is that i don't have sky in the bedroom so i'll have to physically get up and go downstairs to watch it. (such a first world problem:patriot:)

I was surprised at how poor mclaren were.

If the Australian GP is what we are going to have for the year, my crystal ball sees more teams going bust - IT WAS SO BORING.

CVC, Bernie Ecclestone et al need to be told to sell the business to a consortium of "interested" parties so that more of the money stays in the sport and doesn't go to line the pockets of venture capitalists.

It was desperate, i got up early for it. Red bull are talking about pulling out of f1 due to mercedes dominance which is a bit rich considering vettel won 4 titles.

I have to say regards bernie eclestone he is a bit of a parasite on the sport. Teams are going bankrupt and bernies daughter tamera has £1million lying around the house in loose change

Bernie Ecclestone is nothing but a parasite, sucking the life out of the sport/business.

Sure the promotor/owner is allowed to make money and 5% is more than enough given the global turnover. Its a shame that the FIA can't pull the plug on the agreement

Bernie Ecclestone is nothing but a parasite, sucking the life out of the sport/business.

Sure the promotor/owner is allowed to make money and 5% is more than enough given the global turnover. Its a shame that the FIA can't pull the plug on the agreement

There was a programme on several months ago on the bbc (not sure if it was just bbc ni or whole of uk). It was about bernies financial dealings with the sport and eddie irvine was the only man to have the balls to stamd up amd speak the truth against ecclestone. He was a brilliant businessman who made a lot of money for ron dennis and jon todt et al but the ptoblem was that they were technical men who didn't realise just how much money was there to be made in the first place, but it was too late and bernie was in and had taken over.

I started reading this thread, without straight away realising it was a year old, you know like when you write down the wrong date in the new year. But interestingly, you could change the year date, and the replies would still be current. Time to go and cut the grass.

Reply to Australian GP in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock