Discuss Auto electrics - Halfords not accepting blame for tyre pressure monitoring fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
This year I had 2 front tyres replaced, front discs and pads replaced (24 Aug), and I was quite pleased with the price and service, however since going in for this work the tyre pressure monitoring on my Vauxhall Corsa (2015 Limited Edition) is showing the pressures for the 2 front pressures the wrong way round.

I phoned the Halfords Autocentre Chesterfield who said it wasn't their problem and it was a Vauxhall problem as the sensors are faulty. The sensors are working perfectly, but the wrong way round since going into Halfords. Not happy - what can I do?!

This year I had 2 front tyres replaced, front discs and pads replaced (24 Aug), and I was quite pleased with the price and service, however since going in for this work the tyre pressure monitoring on my Vauxhall Corsa (2015 Limited Edition) is showing the pressures for the 2 front pressures the wrong way round.

I phoned the Halfords Autocentre Chesterfield who said it wasn't their problem and it was a Vauxhall problem as the sensors are faulty. The sensors are working perfectly, but the wrong way round since going into Halfords. Not happy - what can I do?!
If you mean the sensors are showing left instead of right and right instead of left then it would be their responsibility to change it.

However in the owners manual is there an option for correcting this yourself in the cars user interface?

If not then it should only take them a couple of minutes with a reset tool to sort this out.

If you get no joy from their branch then escalate to their head office, contacting the CEO direct normally gets their attention: The Board - Halfords Group plc - https://www.halfordscompany.com/about-us/the-board/

Halfords or any tyre fitting place should have sorted it out.
They've clearly fitted the existing monitors on the wrong side of the vehicle.

However, as above it will just need the TPMS system to relearn the sensors, something Halfords should do and should be capable of doing when they fit new sensors.

It may be possible without any tools, I'm a Ford person so have no knowledge re Vauxhalls and their TPMS , but Fords usually need a diagnostic tool to do it.

As of January 2015 all cars fitted with TPMS must have it working, it's an MOT fail now.
Tyre fitters must come across them daily.

An amusing incident occurred with a colleague of mine and his Lexus hybrid with a puncture at Halfords.
Halfords fixed the puncture, and broke the sensor without realising.
Thinking the system needed a reset they disconnected the engine start battery, no repsonse.
Next they disconnected the Hybrid battery, that gave no responce.
Then they found out it would no longer move.

Cue Toyota dealer, the Hybrid system can only be powered up by a dealer with suitable equipment.
That cost Halfords, a tow to the Dealer, a hire car, the workshop time to restart the Hybrid, Oh and a new TPMS sensor and relearn, just for a puncture.

Have you checked with a Vauxhall dealer if they can be reconfigured?

That's a rubbish system if the car shows them back to front. We had a Ford and it "learnt" the new valves over the first few miles.

As for Halfords ............. go back and get them to swap the valves over ........... and don't leave until they do.

It’s quite possible that Halfords have actually damaged the TPMS valves when they removed the old or fitted the new tyres. Did you tell them the wheels had TPMS valves fitted?

Reply to Auto electrics - Halfords not accepting blame for tyre pressure monitoring fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net