Discuss automatic voltage regulator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
been asked the question about automatic voltage regulator,
the problem occurs in pakistan were they are saying 440v comes in.drops down to 220v,goes up and down from 110v to 220v,
what they were asking is, the relays keep on going and having to be replaced?why?
dont have make or model,it was a conversation i was having with a friend

What rate for the job? If it meets my requirements, I'll fly out and have a quick scen. Travel costs too, of course.

been asked the question about automatic voltage regulator,
the problem occurs in pakistan were they are saying 440v comes in.drops down to 220v,goes up and down from 110v to 220v,
what they were asking is, the relays keep on going and having to be replaced?why?
dont have make or model,it was a conversation i was having with a friend

Poor/Cheap distribution system!

I thought they have an atomic bomb, surely they must be able to regulate their voltage from their substations, all they need are substations with automatic tap-changers. Job done.

Got a mate does a lot of work in Thailand on one of the islands. Same problem, they have massive voltage fluctuations as their infrastructure can't handle it, poor design from the start with no future proofing. And what's an earth?

thanks for your replies lads.
its my mates father who has a house in pakistan with this issue.
seems to me if he`s goin to have this issue until the governing bodies sort themselves out?
do you think i could advise him to replace his regulator??

seems to me if he`s goin to have this issue until the governing bodies sort themselves out?
do you think i could advise him to replace his regulator??
Or the government:lol:

I don't know what the load for the house is, but maybe running critical stuff from a very large battery with an inverter would provide a buffer from over voltage.

I correspond with several friends in India and Pakistan and they seem to be going down the battery / inverter rout. Charging the batteries via the mains and solar arrays. It’s not a cheap option and to be honest there are some rubbish inverters out there. But if they want a reliable supply there’s only two choices an inverter or a generator.

Reply to automatic voltage regulator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net