• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Automatic wire strippers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ferg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
I'm going to get some automatic wire strippers to try and save me a little time and more importantly my wrists thumbs and paws in general.

Does anyone have any recommendations? along with limitations of sets they have.
I don't mind buying a couple of sets but really don't want to buy stuff to sit in a box.

I've come to the conclusion that if I don't start changing the way I work I have a future filled with bitterness and pain. :D

Thanks in advance as always. :)

I’m at that stage, painful thumbs on stripping and cutting..
Got a good range cutters from small right through the range.
I have automatic strippers that do t+e and flex.
Also have paslodes for the fine wires.
Last year I bought a pair of weidmuller all in one strippers and boot lace crimpers for panel building, saves me loads of time and pain.

I have ck auto strippers , rarely get used these days.
I bought them as an apprentice because I thought they looked the dogs dangles.

I'm going to get some automatic wire strippers to try and save me a little time and more importantly my wrists thumbs and paws in general.

Does anyone have any recommendations? along with limitations of sets they have.
I don't mind buying a couple of sets but really don't want to buy stuff to sit in a box.

I've come to the conclusion that if I don't start changing the way I work I have a future filled with bitterness and pain. :D

Thanks in advance as always. :)

Automatic wire strippers {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I've a pair of these
Automatic wire strippers {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Do they do bootlace crimps as well?

I have a pair of these although just with basic Red dipped handles
They are a bit small at first but used to them now

If you have problems with your hands then these probably won't help you

I use them for the small sizes of ferrules
ie upto 1.0mm only on controls anything for power or bigger than 1.0mm I use the knipex plier type which has indents

Had lots of people say they're no good for ferrules but when pull tested they hold just as well as those done with other tools at the smaller sizes

Lots of people say the ratchet type are better I think that depends on the quality if the tool ie Weidmuller versus Ebay cheapo and also the user
If it doesn't need to be calibrated then I think I pliers types are ok

Last edited:
Automatic wire strippers 8DEB332B-1654-48F2-8BC7-93B7531C73B6 - EletriciansForums.net Automatic wire strippers 1241A26D-01D8-4B42-BE62-B420D9197818 - EletriciansForums.net I use an old set of Jokaris made in ‘west Germany’ for 2nd fix and when I can’t be tugging on wires and cables.
Second photo shows the more modern type (though broken in this photo from eBay) based on the design in the first.
Work very well and just need a clean of the jaws after a while so they grip the cable.
They do hate the silicone of FP and they dislike SWA insulation. Great for singles and T +E cores.

CK, cheap and easy, don't go right into back boxes, but ideal for first dressing or simply for preparing to connect to sockets

The best auto strippers I’ve used are a set of those cheap ones that look like a dinosaur.
Unfortunately, I attempted to use them to cut the T&E and one of the handles snapped in half.
Could be used for T&E and flex, though the length of stripped back sheath probably won’t suit many.

Reply to Automatic wire strippers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back