Discuss B2C selling - checks on consumers in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Does anyone credit check or ID check consumers they work for?

I've been running my electrician contractors for over 10 years now, so you would think I would know the answer to this but I've never really bothered to do it. I do credit check commercial clients, but a while ago Credit safe suggested I do some ID checking on consumers.

I kind of agree as although every single job doesn't even get booked without a signed contract, what if the consumer doesn't actually own the home or falsify their name.

I've not been knocked by too many consumers, but it has happened for a few smaller amounts of money and despite getting a CCJ secured against each non payer, I still never got paid, perhaps because the person wouldnt care as it wasn't really their name.

Thoughts?

By consumers, I'm guessing you mean domestic customers ... ?

Balance the cost of checking (checking fee and time) plus the potential loss of goodwill vs what you might not have lost. I suspect you won't find it worthwhile for most small jobs.

And as a customer, for a small job where I intend to pay there and then, I'd be offended to be asked for ID.

Reply to B2C selling - checks on consumers in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, you all helped me out recently when we had a water leak (mostly in kitchen ceiling), and my landlord's contractor was saying the household...
Replies
Views
Going to fit an 'boiling' tap for a plumber next week so asked for a pic of the CU and got this: which is all rather odd. Doesn't affect what I...
Replies
Views
So I am a fully qualified spark with my own company, however I also have a few properties I rent out. One of my tenants asked if they can have an...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Hi All Let me start by saying I have my 2365 level 3 but never worked in the industry so my knowledge is limited. My partner and I recently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock