Discuss Back on the tools after many years.... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just a quick hello....
Been out of the game for some years, 16th edition last time I was on the tools....

Have a lot to catch up on, lots has changed over those long years..
Will be taking my 18th as I'm now working in the NHS, and they will will put me through the course etc.

Will probably have a few questions to get up to speed and get my grey matter working again....

Cheers

Darrin

Just a quick hello....
Been out of the game for some years, 16th edition last time I was on the tools....

Have a lot to catch up on, lots has changed over those long years..
Will be taking my 18th as I'm now working in the NHS, and they will will put me through the course etc.

Will probably have a few questions to get up to speed and get my grey matter working again....

Cheers

Darrin
Why on earth are you going back on the tools?

I would mind being that useless, desk-bound, pen-pushing manager, ordering around useful sparks :)
Definately better than crawling around fibre glass lofts and breaking your back lifting carpets and chasing walls lol

The OP sent me a PM, I think he is annoyed I questioned him, tough luck, I gave a view, The fact he said he was in the trade when the 16th was here tells me he is now ageing in years, that is why I wondered about going back into hard graft. I would prefer it if the OP asked questions here on the open forum not sending PMs by the back door, PS Grow a pair and stop sulking.

Ok, at this point I think I'll leave this forum. I tried to reply and quote in the thread, instead it started a conversation. Not what was intended, and as I said, I don't understand the problem with going back on the tools.
I really don't understand the need for such an aggressive and quite frankly, insulting response.

And if you must know why, it's because of a tragic death in the family following a messy divorce where I lost everything I own.

I have to work to put food on the table, no matter if "I'm ageing in years" or not.

The op is still having replies approved with being a new member, which is why his replies aren't coming straight back at questions.
On a side note though can we please all keep it civil.
Cheers lads.

Whether you decide to go on the tools or not is your choice, I am sorry you have had a death in the family, however when you post on a public forum you will get all sorts of questions, my first question to you was a genuine question, all you had to do is say you wanted to do it because blah blah blah, that is conversation, this occurs every day all over the world, this is life, there was no malice in my question, please read it again and cheer up.

Ok, at this point I think I'll leave this forum. I tried to reply and quote in the thread, instead it started a conversation. Not what was intended, and as I said, I don't understand the problem with going back on the tools.
I really don't understand the need for such an aggressive and quite frankly, insulting response.

Stay with it Paswtyman. I was in a similar boat to yourself. I was a spark after leaving school, then jumped ship for 30 odd years. Came back into this industry about 5 years ago, used this forum and tried to run my own self trader business, which didn't work out for me. So now I'm a maintenance man :)

Ignore the galoot, he spouts off sometimes, but he really has a heart of gold, if only he got in touch with his feminine side; he's quite knowledgeable as well, in the electrical sense.

Lots of knowledge to glean here.

I only asked why he wanted to go back to the tools, a simple question lol, god help him if a hard question is asked by someone else here, I will bow out now, it may make him come back, now where is my cave?

Reply to Back on the tools after many years.... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net