Discuss Band 1 and band 2 separation in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
Is it agree to put power cable and data cat6 on the same cable tray .One side power cable in trunking other side cat6. it's 15 cm separation between them.what separator should be use?
Thanks for help

If both cables are screened then you don't have to.

If both are not, then 200mm at a minimum.

Any other combination has different distances depending on the type of divider and wether it's grounded or not.

Search EMC directive, there is table in there which gives you all the particulars.

Don't know if 7671 gives any distances or not to be honest.

That makes sense it dado trunking and the likes but no so much on tray I guess.

I'm sure a reg number will follow very soon!

528.1 ;)
Seems to demand physical partitioning on tray for cat6 mixed with general LV cables.

Whenever I have been involved with tray systems, the data has its own tray, or sometimes basket.

That because 'general' LV cables and cat 6 are not screened?

EMC directive states the info in my first post, I was looking at it a few weeks back.

So for the benefit of the OP, yes it does. How far depends on other factors. Look for the table I spoke of.

Reply to Band 1 and band 2 separation in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

One client asking me to replace two one gang existing RJ45 data socket . One of them have to replaced with 4 gang and another one gang replace...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two questions about domestic wiring In Ireland 1. Should conduit be used when passing multiple T&E cables (2.5mm) through a garage...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just been looking into powerline adaptors and just wondering how they work. I read that they operate on far higher frequencies to mains...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been planning to fit an outdoor junction box at the front of my house to hide a large brickwork hole and properly house the wiring...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock