Discuss Bargain SMA Sunny Boy 3000TL on ebay in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You're correct of course. But i'm going to throw some points out there conflictingly both as an MCS installer (that isn't buying it to pass on to customers, knowingly or not) and someone who'd like to see the seller get something near what he paid for it.

1. MCS doesn't cover used equipment and the inverter is ineligible for the FiT scheme. I will not claim otherwise.

2. There's more to PV than FiTs. Say this inverter with some cheap panels self-installed can deliver 3000kWh/annum at a cost of 2/3 or better of the going rate for an MCS install, if you can use all that power intelligently you do not need a FiT to make it viable. 3000kWh @ 15p = £450 so you'd be inside of 10 years payback, possibly a fair way inside.

3. Do OFGEM or the FiT providers keep a log of serial numbers of inverters? Not afaik, but the DNO does and may feed it back to them.

4. Would a customer be willing to take the risk to get a good quality German inverter with 3 years of warranty left for half the price or less if they knew the situation and understood what was at stake?

These are not necessarily my opinions just points to consider/discuss if you can be bothered :) bit of devils advocate going on here.

Reply to Bargain SMA Sunny Boy 3000TL on ebay in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, total newbie to the forum. I sincerely hope that those in the know-how would be able to assist me. On my semi-detached house we have an...
Replies
Views
I have 2 arrays on 2 SMA inverters. One is 500v single string and the other is paralleled 2 x 300v strings. I have just lost one of my arrays via...
Replies
Views
Sma Sunny Boy Invertor 4000TL-20 | eBay currently £920 nothing to do with me, but if it ends near this price a bargain surely? It ended at...
Replies
Views
I am planning on installing x12 Suntech 250W STP250S 20/Wd Panels (3KW). The panels will be installed Landscape 3 wide by 4 high. I was...
Replies
Views
M
I'm looking for some input on minimum installation standards for an installation that is a hybrid of US and EU equipment for an installation I am...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock