Discuss Bargain??? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

i've ordered a set. let you know how good they are in a month. can't see a problem with the 500V. that's double what we;ll ever see on LV installations.

Plus you should have proved dead before working anyway ;)
so why bother with VDE tools? sometimes you can't avoid working live. it's only in the last few years i've bothered to isolate before swapping a socket faceplate or a switch.

missed the tone, Rob. laid up at moment with a cold and wednesday had brick dust removed from right eye at A&E. still sore. glad i'm not a horse ir i would have been shot. :(

There was meant to be tone conveyed with that that was obviously missed. I'm not against working live when necessary.

Was taught and trained to do so safely and properly. I see no issue.

Really??

Was this specific training on working within live conditions or just part of the generic electrical training routes?

Im always a bit weary of the cheap ebay imports but might be ok as a basic starter kit for students. Im with hightower though the 500v VDE rating seems a bit dodgy. Interchangeable bits are very handy though for general maintenance and service engineers as you only have a small pouch to carry round rather than several different screwdrivers. I own a set myself but mine are rated 1000V VDE and are from wehra.

No manufacturers marking, no test house marking, I doubt it has had any testing carried out and will probably wear and round out very early on knackering the screws in the equipment it's being used on. A bargain is when you manage to buy an item at below what's it's price should be, I expect these would therefore fail that classification. Would you want bargain Chinese brake pads on your car????

I think you get what you pay for. I prefer having a decent set of screwdrivers which which I trust, work well and which will last me a long time.
I grow weary of the cheap rubbish products we find in every walk of life which probably don't meet any proper product standards at the time of manufacture and last all of five minutes.

Come on boys, less of the negativity. Tel is not feeling well at the moment and needs all the positivity he can get. Anyway he could probably stir his Lemsip with them, 500v or not (there's not an attachment with a spoon is there?)

IMG_4286.JPG If you want a bargain then stop buying your MFTs for £500 and buy this little beauty for £2.99!
TKMax today - hilarious!
Edit - I've cut that nail since! The wife went barmy!

I'm impressed,that bargain tester can not only replace every tester known to man,it seems to be unique in that it could also do a fine job of stirring the Tea

It's got an LED and a pocket clip - can you hang you new fangled Fluke off your pocket? I think not - here we are looking at the future and all we can see is the trees! Time for bed I'm talking carp!

Reply to Bargain??? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net