Discuss Bathroom extractor switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ahm

-
Reaction score
Hello

I have changed the switch for my bathroom fan extractor.

The first picture is how it was initially wired. The 2nd pic is of the old switch. The 3rd picture is how i have i wired the new switch. The issue is there is electric current in the outter screw when touching with a tester. Is this usual? Or have i messed up?

Thank you for your help
Ahmez

View attachment 43894

20180815_195819.jpg

20180825_101703.jpg

20180825_110600.jpg

@OP. youse has made a complete and utter bollox of a simple job.,using the wrong switch and wiring it up as a pig's arse. only way out is to get a local sparks in before you kill your family.

we always try to please, or pee to trise.

Think you’re holding back a bit there Tel!
that's OK. been grafting all day only firing on 3 cylinders till the jack daniels kicks in. got to be crafty though . back work tommorow.

Had the cash to buy an MK DP switch but not the cash to pay an Electrician to fit the correct triple pole isolator.... Let me ask you OP do you change the boiler when its knackered?

That is not a triple-pole isolator, you have connected live conductors to the earth terminals. As the switch is not earthed that is a seriously dangerous situation.

Thank you very much Westward10, just put the old switch back.

@OP. youse has made a complete and utter bollox of a simple job.,using the wrong switch and wiring it up as a pig's arse. only way out is to get a local sparks in before you kill your family.

...direct to the point....cheers.... have removed the new switch and will get local sparks instead

Reply to Bathroom extractor switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net