Discuss Bathroom fan above shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DKNY

I've just rewired my mates house & got a silavent 240 volt fan for bathroom, he says he wants fan over the shower & obviously this fan would not be suitable for this zone so could anyone recommend a good quality low voltage or inline fan cheers

You say obviously but is the ceiling lower than 2.25m? Have used the Airflow Aventa a few times without issue.

What is the IP rating of the existing fan? But I have the same sentiment, never like 240v fan (one within easy reach) above shower head, even if IP rating allows, tin hat on.

Depending on the size of the bathroom, length of ducting etc, I would use standard in-line low voltage fan, with or without light. If it's a larger room, or he's got a Brazilian Rain Forest effect going on in there, I can recommend the Manrose MF100T. Does make a bit of noise (at the vent) though, it can suck the chrome off a ball hitch, to coin a phrase!

Agreed, I'd rather install an inline or low voltage above shower head
What is the IP rating of the existing fan? But I have the same sentiment, never like 240v fan (one within easy reach) above shower head, even if IP rating allows, tin hat on.

Depending on the size of the bathroom, length of ducting etc, I would use standard in-line low voltage fan, with or without light. If it's a larger room, or he's got a Brazilian Rain Forest effect going on in there, I can recommend the Manrose MF100T. Does make a bit of noise (at the vent) though, it can suck the chrome off a ball hitch, to coin a phrase!
Couldn't agree more, but is the low voltage 230 because that is what I would use.

Tin hat not required, its a good personal standard, and there's no reason why one shouldn't better the minimum regs requirement. My main concern with many of these ip rated fans is the easy access to the internals without having to remove even a screw.

Tottaly agree steve regs is a minimum requirement nothing stopping you setting your own higher standards

better to have the fan above the shower than below it. :mad:..... as long as it's !P44 if within a zone.

Okay then, extra low voltage, although IPX4 is okay if within a zone, IPX5 if some idiot is gonna use the shower to clean the fan, or if the fan is not going to be above the shower . Failing that just open a window and frighten next doors noisy dog.

Okay then, extra low voltage, although IPX4 is okay if within a zone, IPX5 if some idiot is gonna use the shower to clean the fan, or if the fan is not going to be above the shower . Failing that just open a window and frighten next doors noisy dog.
I would just do that.lol

I use Manrose inline fans with combined light . They are pretty bulletproof and last and last....

Reply to Bathroom fan above shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net