Discuss bathroom light replace RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davidcaulfield

Just to check... I'm doing a job for the plumber that recently rang me up ranting at me on a previous job and has since been using me for his electrics now :)

I am replacing a bathroom light for an ip rated one. There is no RCD protection which isn't needed as its like for like.... But I think the plumber has removed the supplementary bonding so I'm guessing now I have to Install an RCD!!

Means I'm expecting flack from other members.

If you do a MWC for every minor job you do, you'll need a part time secretary.

YOU must complete a cert for any work YOU do......and YOU must slow down when YOU see an amber light!!!!lol
I dont and wont, issue a cert for a like for like swap!!! But there are those that will!!! and thats there perrogtive!!!lol

And as Murdoch says, do the useuall Zs tests and jobs a good en!!

Tell the Plumber he is a ****.. Change the light.. Dont install RCD (Unless they are happy to pay) get paid go home.. Job done

As above like for like is a replacement and not addition therefore providing Ze and Zs are there then id be happy to crack on..

You will also need to ensure all other requirements are met to allow the RCD install.

Sorry just read that and I'm not a 'domestic' spark...........still learning everyday though lol.

I have to ask tho Hants............why would "all other requirements" need to be met to (allow) an RCD install ?
New one on me that to be honest ?

Sorry just read that and I'm not a 'domestic' spark...........still learning everyday though lol.

I have to ask tho Hants............why would "all other requirements" need to be met to (allow) an RCD install ?
New one on me that to be honest ?

I was reading the OP's comment as a light in a special location with no supp bonding or RCD, therefore just ensuring main bond is suitable, no more :)

Reply to bathroom light replace RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net