Discuss Bathroom mirror wiring wrong? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jim

-
Reaction score
I have a new bathroom mirror with lights which works ok but makes a constant buzzing noise whether it is turned on or off.

It wasn’t installed by me, but when I remove the front I was surprised to see that it has been wired using 2 electric wires - see attached photo.

As a complete novice I was wondering whether this was correct and perhaps this was the reason for the constant buzzing?

Would appreciate any help please.

E0D45C06-D54D-4121-9AC2-826418E33A72.jpeg

Best call an electrician Jim, without being able to trace where these two cable go to or come from its difficult to advise, there could be a Forum member close to your location who may be able to help you out, to far for me to visit.

Possibly OP referring to lack of earthing? Does the luminaire have one of either of these images on it or in the instructions;

upload_2018-9-2_14-19-34.png ?

I have a new bathroom mirror with lights which works ok but makes a constant buzzing noise whether it is turned on or off.

It wasn’t installed by me, but when I remove the front I was surprised to see that it has been wired using 2 electric wires - see attached photo.

As a complete novice I was wondering whether this was correct and perhaps this was the reason for the constant buzzing?

Would appreciate any help please.

View attachment 44065
Where do the Brown and Blue wires go to and where is the Mirror light switched from, is it an integral switch?

there's a lot of exposed copper in them terminals ( or should it be termini.? :p ).

Thanks all, really appreciate your feedback, and reassuring to know it’s not the wiring.

Yes there is a shaver socket, which we’re never going to use, as well as a motion detection on/off switch for the light.

Nothing in the 1 page instruction manual with those logo’s. Reluctant to take off the front again this evening, it’s a pain in the soandso to get on and off!

The make is Opticon. It’s a replacement, the first one had Bluetooth and was terrible, we swapped after a week for the basic version but it’s also making buzzing noise. Relatively cheap, I guess you pay for what you get in life, but otherwise it looks great and I have to be fair, the customer service has been very good on swapping the 2 items.

Maybe I need some of this hot glue you mention. Can I buy from BBQ?

Reply to Bathroom mirror wiring wrong? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net