• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Bathroom refit certificate in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
i've just replaced a bathroom light and extractor fan. Both items supplied correctly for use in these areas.

The fuse board is quite dated and has an RCD but it is marked up as for sockets only.

On the Minor Works certificate I'm not sur what to put for Protective Measures against Electric Shock??

Both items do it have Earth connections

Will this entry be Class II equipment?

Thanks

If the fittings have earth terminals that connect into the accessory and are not just holding terminals then they will not be class II, however if they have the square in a square symbol then they will be class II.
The protective measure against electric shock will be ADS unless they are both supplied by a SELV transformer at 12V in which case it would be SELV.

If there is no 30mA RCD protection, which is required for all circuits serving a bathroom, then this should be noted on the certificate, ideally you would provide 30mA RCD protection to the circuit and it would be mandatory if you were making changes to a circuit, but this could be omitted if you are just changing an accessory. Though for safety supplementary bonding should be in place for the bathroom.

i've just replaced a bathroom light and extractor fan. Both items supplied correctly for use in these areas.

The fuse board is quite dated and has an RCD but it is marked up as for sockets only.

On the Minor Works certificate I'm not sur what to put for Protective Measures against Electric Shock??

Both items do it have Earth connections

Will this entry be Class II equipment?

Thanks
Are you a Sparks Chris?

I would take a Zs at each fitting, issue a MWC, noting change of accessory only and advise that a replacement cu should be considered.

Tin hat on

Reply to Bathroom refit certificate in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back