Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Batten light fitting for high temperature use in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. SJD

SJD Trusted Advisor

I need to source a batten light fitting which sits over a range in a kitchen, in a big commercial extractor hood. Existing fitting has cooked and now failed.

For example, a 3 or 4ft fluorescent or LED batten, the main criteria is that it will survive being over lots of hot & steaming pans every single day. Other things like power consumption, having to change a tube once in a while, of secondary importance.

Any recommendations?

2. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

3. SJD

SJD Trusted Advisor

Thanks Andy, the HF136Z looks like it might be what I need. Any idea of a good supplier (e.g. online with fixed prices without having to open an account)?

4. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

I've only had them through a local wholesaler before.

5. SJD

SJD Trusted Advisor

Umm OK, I suppose I can try calling round.