Discuss Battery Storage Gets A £1m Boost in the Green Energy Forums | Green Energy Hub area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

By implication would this mean if you already have a G59 approval and the battery system can't exceed the approved capacity there would be no need for further consent?

If I put a hard line regulatory hat on, I would say that you are adding a new generator to the installation and as such I either want to see type approvals, and / or witness testing.

What would you do if you added more PV to a system with that pre-existing approval? (Even if you aren't going to claim any form of Feed in Tariff for the extra PV)

Same rules would apply.

If the DNC is changing, then wouldn't the documentation associated with the original application need updating? I'd be surprised if we see type-tested solutions, and external G59 relays are going to add at least £1500 to the system cost, plus circa £500 for site testing, plus whatever the DNO charges should they insist on the pleasure of their company

thing is, these systems aren't designed to export onto the grid at all, they're zero export devices, so as long as they have G83 protection settings I don't really see that it has anything to do with the DNO.

Completely agree, I believe discussions with DNOs are ongoing, but it certainly seems that some of them are considering some systems as adding generation capacity, for some strange reason. Maybe it will become clearer/more sensible soon

Reply to Battery Storage Gets A £1m Boost in the Green Energy Forums | Green Energy Hub area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock