Discuss BDR91 to Hive Single Channel Wiring (Baxi Combi 24) in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

how, so your telling me you would go to change a stat and see someones used a a core you dont like using (lets say a 6360) and theyve used the flexi earth all labled up as a core (both ends)

you would say no i cant install your new stat and i need to rip apart your house to install a new cable
Where did I tell you that?

how, so your telling me you would go to change a stat and see someones used a a core you dont like using (lets say a 6360) and theyve used the flexi earth all labled up as a core (both ends)

you would say no i cant install your new stat and i need to rip apart your house to install a new cable
"Yeah if you like doing highly frowned upon work." and some one of your calibre wouldnt do frowned upon work
I don't recall saying anything about ripping apart someone's house? Would you mind telling me where I did? A skilled tradesman shouldn't be ripping houses apart....The OP has a hive, the hive receiver can be wired into the boiler which wouldn't mean "ripping the house apart" If you have to rip a house apart to install a thermostat then maybe you should look at choosing another profession?

I don't recall saying anything about ripping apart someone's house? Would you mind telling me where I did? A skilled tradesman shouldn't be ripping houses apart....The OP has a hive, the hive receiver can be wired into the boiler which wouldn't mean "ripping the house apart" If you have to rip a house apart to install a thermostat then maybe you should look at choosing another profession?

post 18 tell me what would you do then if you had nothing else but the earth core / spare core off a flex

post 18 tell me what would you do then if you had nothing else but the earth core / spare core off a flex
I would explain to the customer that the plumber who installed it had done it in such a manner that is highly frowned upon but actual electricians. I would then say that you now have a few options we either install a wireless thermostat, install a new cable or purchase a thermostat that only needs a two wire connection rather than three.
completes the circuit and carry s a negative current away the same amount that is being drawn from the live within a tolerance i believe
So is it a live conductor?

I would explain to the customer that the plumber who installed it had done it in such a manner that is highly frowned upon but actual electricians. I would then say that you now have a few options we either install a wireless thermostat, install a new cable or purchase a thermostat that only needs a two wire connection rather than three.

So is it a live conductor?

what happens when the customer says what regs have they broken by doing such bad practice wiring

no but who defines what each core is used for if acceptable and ok in the regs the qualified person installing it

what happens when the customer says what regs have they broken by doing such bad practice wiring

no but who defines what each core is used for if acceptable and ok in the regs the qualified person installing it
I didn't say they had broken regulations I said it was regarded as frowned upon by any electrician who's worth Their salt.

Reply to BDR91 to Hive Single Channel Wiring (Baxi Combi 24) in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net