Discuss Be warned!!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

er why do you continue to listen?? soon as i realise i dont know this person............F### O##...............and phone down!! lol

I had three cold calls in a row once, All to do with me putting information in a comparison site for van insurance the phone rang again and the woman on the other end couldn't pronounce my name properly. After telling her (politely ) that I was busy, fed up with cold calls and that she can't even say my name - she went on to tell me that she was from the bank and needed me to confirm a payment.

Yes I apologised.

Same company had me over, 2 years ago. Phoned saying they were police, then saying dont worry your'e not in trouble and I fell for it. Cost me £140 for nothing.
Latest one that keeps trying says its for a school awareness magazine for teenage pregnancies, they sent my mate an invoice for £200 and he never spoke to them.
All the joys of advertising in yell.com and thompson local !!

I had three cold calls in a row once, All to do with me putting information in a comparison site for van insurance the phone rang again and the woman on the other end couldn't pronounce my name properly. After telling her (politely ) that I was busy, fed up with cold calls and that she can't even say my name - she went on to tell me that she was from the bank and needed me to confirm a payment.

Yes I apologised.

Ahh that scam as well, know a few people who have been asked to confirm payments callers asks for card details to confirm your identity and hey presto money will disappear from your account if you don't sus them. The people I know didn't get stung as they were on the ball and told them to get lost

How long before nobody dare answer any phone calls or emails? I get scam paypal ones every now and again - can normally spot them due to spelling mistakes/grammer, etc. Trouble is they're getting better and better.

Got one today asking if I want to participate in something or other, and I think it's genuine; but there again, is it?

It's a ***d up world unfortunately. Daz

i regularly get emails purporting to be from paypal, telling me my account is restricted. SCAM.

My dad got a guy from "microsoft" the other wek waffling on about virus this and virus that asking dad to pay for virus removal Dad then went on to ask where why how he could obtain a computer as he doesnt have one hes only just got a new mobile to replace his nokia 3310 when the battery gave up the gost FFS
as for mummy dearest she does the best one "robert" from Mumbia called about her phone provider she then asked if Robert was the name given by his mother and did he respect his mother and father that much that he should change his name to "conform" ect ect ect After the call( I only heard mums side of call 0 Im sure Robert would have been in tears and may have required councling All due to a wee bachly 75 yr old fea glasgow
Personaly I had one of these "Debt management" companys phone MY phone asking for my wife ( phones in her name) i explained that it was My phone he then started his spiel about debt advice I said that I was going home to batter her for getting us into debt he put his manager on who started a spiel But as my back was up I asked for company details ect to report to Trading standards ect ect and explained that as mum use to work in social work dept she HAD come across battered wifes who had got into debt without man knowing He was so appoligetic it was almost grovveling

Reply to Be warned!!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net