Discuss Becoming a domestic installer in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

iaingray5

Hi everyone,

Im looking at getting back into the game as leaving my current profession. About 12 years ago i was an engineer with ADT doing CCTV and alarms etc. I served my time at college doing my sparks course, (16th edition i think) but i have forgotten most, if not all of what i did there. I still keep my hand in from time to time as i have moved house etc and done some minor jobs for family. My question is this, what exactly do i need to become a basic domestic installer and be able to test domestic installations to issue certificates for building control.......
I am told that it all changed this year and i might be able to pick up an evening college course to get my appropriate "tickets" and then look at stating up myself and gaining niceic approval......
I should also say, im in Scotland but i dont think there is much, if any difference.....

Thanks for looking

Hi everyone,

Im looking at getting back into the game as leaving my current profession. About 12 years ago i was an engineer with ADT doing CCTV and alarms etc. I served my time at college doing my sparks course, (16th edition i think) but i have forgotten most, if not all of what i did there. I still keep my hand in from time to time as i have moved house etc and done some minor jobs for family. My question is this, what exactly do i need to become a basic domestic installer and be able to test domestic installations to issue certificates for building control.......
I am told that it all changed this year and i might be able to pick up an evening college course to get my appropriate "tickets" and then look at stating up myself and gaining niceic approval......
I should also say, im in Scotland but i dont think there is much, if any difference.....

Thanks for looking
Competance and an understanding of installations and the current edition of BS7671

NICEIC Approval, whats that???

That's the bit where they strap you to the chair whilst their team of investigative accountants conduct deep and probing explorations of your financial background to see if you'll be able to pay the invoice.

Reply to Becoming a domestic installer in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock