Discuss Becoming a Qualified Electrician in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Z

ZoomPlus

Hi, so I have 2 months ago started working at a store selling all kinds of electrical products and I am learning a lot from the different products and the people working there. I am planning to become a qualified electrician so would like to get some advice how to pursue this best. I don't know much about electrical installations but have an engineering background.

I would like to take a course which allows me to work as well since I can't afford to take time off work. Is there an online course of some sort where I can sit the tests as well? I am planning to get practical experience on weekends. What qualifications do I need? What's the timespan I should be looking at? I would like to plan this as realistically as possible to manage expectations. Any online resources/videos you recommend that is also free of charge for the beginner to get my head around core concepts?

Thank you

Zoom. Welcome to the forum - there are so many threads asking the same question that you could have a read through and take notes. Laptop and PC gives you similar threads at the bottom. Do your homework first then come back ask anything you don't understand. Best regards

Never been banned mate, very busy though yes. Working on a new shopping centre in Bracknell at the moment. 10 hours on site and 4 hours driving each day No rest for the wicked and all that
Bath to Bracknell and back each day - man that's like driving to holiday and back everyday! Good experience and good on you. I'm trying to stick local, Bristol is building up. Plenty of foundations being laid so next step is 1st fix!

Bath to Bracknell and back each day - man that's like driving to holiday and back everyday! Good experience and good on you. I'm trying to stick local, Bristol is building up. Plenty of foundations being laid so next step is 1st fix!
Yeah up at 4am each day! Use to it now though. Working locally would be nice. My company don't seem to get anything near me. London next for a hospital project. Needless to say I will sort digs out when that time comes.

Zoom. Welcome to the forum - there are so many threads asking the same question that you could have a read through and take notes. Laptop and PC gives you similar threads at the bottom. Do your homework first then come back ask anything you don't understand. Best regards

fair enough, I have had a look and it seems C&G 2365 level 2 and 3 diploma is the route for me. Question, 18th edition is coming out next year, do you happen to know if I would have to retake a newer updated course that covers the new regs?

Hello I've been struggling for the last four years to get an apprentiships and am now 22, I've got level 2 and 3 2330-01 and 2330-07, I've done the odd jobs for family members but can't seem to get an apprenticeship, ave been told best way for me to get there is take a cscs test and become electrician mate and fund the rest of the way my self, with the qualifications I have is this possible because it seems that no one has a clue

Daniel, Google M2 electrical from Liverpool, they were fitting out a unit on Edge Lane I was working on, give them a bell. They may be able to offer you some work as a mate or advise you, they seemed like decent lads.

Reply to Becoming a Qualified Electrician in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net