Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Beer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Knobhead

Knobhead Guest

What are you paying for your tipple?

Mine is £1-90 for Barnsley bitter.

On the same bar £1-80 if you like mild (which I don’t), £2-00 Oakwell larger and £2-10 Acorn larger (strong).
    Not bad for a city centre pub. Nottingham.

Sod it I’m off to the pub

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    my usuals are real ale in bottles . 3 for £4 tesco. 3 for £4.50 bargain booze.

3. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

punjanna is about £1.99 for 80 bags and coffee is £2.19 a jar then you have robinsons 2 for £2 for 2 litre bottles

• Like Like x 3
  4. Knobhead

Knobhead Guest

Spend a few more years in this trade and you’ll be on the real stuff.

Robinson’s (Stockport) in a good pint if you can find a landlord that can keep it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
  5. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    had better stuff out the tap than robinsons, with the exception of one iv'e had the pleasure of years ago, think it was called old tom.

6. SPARTYKUS

SPARTYKUS Trusted Advisor

My grandads last requested tipple was Mansfield. Smuggled a can into the ward.

• Like Like x 2
  7. sim22

sim22 Guest

Carling £4 for 4 or £7.50 for 8 at the corner shop....................proper big cans as well not the rip off wussy little cans :17:

8. Adam W

Adam W Electrician's Arms

It varies. A pint of Becks in the pub round the corner is £3.10, but in the bar opposite it's about £3.40 a pint.
    Down town a pint of Tiger will set you back £3.95.

9. Dcf

Dcf Trusted Advisor

Old man boozers tennents about 2.80 .something abit plusher 3.00-3.50.
    i had a good few pints of red stripe on draught in London and Edinburgh recently .priced about 4.00 a pint tho!!thats a rich alkys tipple that.

10. Paul.M

Paul.M Trusted Advisor

Black Sheep £2.65 and worth every penny. Also like landlords and London Pride, more or less the same price.

11. Dan the spark

Dan the spark Electrician's Arms

Pint of the cold black stuff is £3.40 round my way. Just got back from having a few tonight

12. Knobhead

Knobhead Guest

Old Tom, Robinson’s Christmas ale, strong and dark. 3 pints and your wondering which planet your on, four and you don’t care.

13. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    and another old favorite, marstons owd rodger. puts hairs on yer chest.

14. Marvo

Marvo Gender Confused Staff Member

The last time I drank beer in the UK it was Theakstons Peculiar, it's a name I won't forget in a hurry but I can't remember how much it cost. The pub had done away with the niceties such as decor of any type and beer serving taps, they took it directly from the barrel using the glass. They even got upset when I asked for a new glass when I ordered my new one. I drank about six of the things, it was hard work to get them down and I felt terrible for two days afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  15. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    old peculier, one of my favorites. around £1.59 - £1.99 for a 500ml bottle. on draught at one of my customer's pubs £2.95/pint. rocket fuel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.