• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Being part of an electrical association without being an electrician? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Sounds odd I know but bear with me. Myself and my business partner have set up an electrical installation business but OLEV (EV governing body) require us to be part of an electrical association. This is presumably to show them that we are a legitimate business but neither of us are electricians. We have people ready to work for us who are fully qualified but they won't be employees initially. Therefore I can't see how we can be part of an electrical association. We can't be the ones to have to go through this...

I think will need to employ the services of an experienced Electrician. They will be assessed for competence and will be responsible for work done by the company. Perhaps a semi retired Electrician would be prepared to assist you part time, for instance.

even a plumber could fit a plug.

Being part of an electrical association without being an electrician? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I remember the OP's last thread and I'm still wondering how they can make money with 2 x full time non revenue producing employees..............

Well you will have to invest in a QS if you want this one to fly or forget it, its dead on the water imo. The people who are ready to work for you, can one of them step into the breach? Even as S/E?

i cvan't read and i can't write, but i can drive a tractor./

Reply to Being part of an electrical association without being an electrician? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back