Discuss BELL WIRE FOR RING PRO DOOR BELL in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You don't have to use thin bell wire, if you plan to bury it in plaster I'd consider something more robust that includes an outer sheath.

Thanks all. Forgot to say there is no existing bell cable or transformer at the CU hence why I'm going with the mains plug in transformer.
regards lee
Where are you intending to fit the transformer Lee?

Hi PETE,
TRANSFORMER IS ALL OF TWO METRES FROM THE FRONT DOOR , SJD SUGGESTED NOT USING BELL WIRE

Hi PETE,
TRANSFORMER IS ALL OF TWO METRES FROM THE FRONT DOOR , SJD SUGGESTED NOT USING BELL WIRE
So you intend plugging it into a socket, run the output cable up the the bell and from the bell to the push, correct?

HI PETE,
NO BELL TO WIRE FROM OR WIRE TO. I HAVE NO EXISTING BELL TRANSFORMER OR PUSH AT THE DOOR. THE PRO DOES COME SUPPLIED WITH A CU TRANSFORMER BUT I WONT MESS AROUND WITH ANYTHING AT THE CU HENCE THE STAND ALONE TRANSFORMER PLUGGED INTO A SOCKET THEN POWERED FROM THERE TO THE BELL, THE WHOLE DISTANCE IS ABOUT TWO METRES, REGARDS LEE

HI PETE,
NO BELL TO WIRE FROM OR WIRE TO. I HAVE NO EXISTING BELL TRANSFORMER OR PUSH AT THE DOOR. THE PRO DOES COME SUPPLIED WITH A CU TRANSFORMER BUT I WONT MESS AROUND WITH ANYTHING AT THE CU HENCE THE STAND ALONE TRANSFORMER PLUGGED INTO A SOCKET THEN POWERED FROM THERE TO THE BELL, THE WHOLE DISTANCE IS ABOUT TWO METRES, REGARDS LEE
It may be age, but you have lost me Lee how does this pro bell thingy work then

Hi PETE, OK HERE GOES :IF YOU HAVE AN EXISTING BELL/TRANSFORMER RUN FROM CU ITS A TWO MINUTE OF PUTTING IN A SUPPLIED CABLE IN THE EXISTING BELL AND WIRE UP BELL AT THE DOOR JOBS A GOOD UN. THE PRO RUNS AT 24V AC AND PRETTY MUCH ALL UK BELL TRANSFOMRERS RUN 12V AND THATS NOT ENOUGH SO SUPPLIED CABLE HELPS YOU USE EXISTING BELL BUT THE SUPPLIED DIN RAIL TRANSFORMER MUST BE CHANGED AT THE CU . I HAVE NEITHER EXISTING BELL OR TRANSFORMER AT THE CU , SO THE QUICKEST WAY FOR ME AND SAFE WAY IS THE BELL CAN BE RUN FROM A MAINS PLUGGED IN TRANSFORMER . TRANSFORMER TO RING PRO AND READY TO GO ,INCLUDED IS A WIRELESS CHIME AND IS SET UP OVER WIFI WITH THE BELL . REGARDS LEE

Hi PETE, OK HERE GOES :IF YOU HAVE AN EXISTING BELL/TRANSFORMER RUN FROM CU ITS A TWO MINUTE OF PUTTING IN A SUPPLIED CABLE IN THE EXISTING BELL AND WIRE UP BELL AT THE DOOR JOBS A GOOD UN. THE PRO RUNS AT 24V AC AND PRETTY MUCH ALL UK BELL TRANSFOMRERS RUN 12V AND THATS NOT ENOUGH SO SUPPLIED CABLE HELPS YOU USE EXISTING BELL BUT THE SUPPLIED DIN RAIL TRANSFORMER MUST BE CHANGED AT THE CU . I HAVE NEITHER EXISTING BELL OR TRANSFORMER AT THE CU , SO THE QUICKEST WAY FOR ME AND SAFE WAY IS THE BELL CAN BE RUN FROM A MAINS PLUGGED IN TRANSFORMER . TRANSFORMER TO RING PRO AND READY TO GO ,INCLUDED IS A WIRELESS CHIME AND IS SET UP OVER WIFI WITH THE BELL . REGARDS LEE
Thanks, so your original question what bell wire to use and buried in plaster, ordinary bell wire will be OK as per my original post.

THANKS PETE FOR ALL YOUR INPUT OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS.
REGARDS LEE
Hi Lee, I am also thinking of installing my ring pro with a plug in transformer. I am in the uk also, could you give me any advice on your installation, how it went, also could I ask you which plug in transformer did you use and where you purchased it from, as I am having difficulty in locating one to use. Thanks.

Hi Lee, I am also thinking of installing my ring pro with a plug in transformer. I am in the uk also, could you give me any advice on your installation, how it went, also could I ask you which plug in transformer did you use and where you purchased it from, as I am having difficulty in locating one to use. Thanks.
I think Lee is long gone why don't you start a new thread.

Reply to BELL WIRE FOR RING PRO DOOR BELL in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock