Discuss Best 4x4 for 20K . in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well I got one, 34 months old, comes with a 26 month manufactures warranty, a brand new MOT, a brand new full service, full service history and one previous owner, 19K, I am very happy with it, will post up some picts when she comes home.

Well I got one, 34 months old, comes with a 26 month manufactures warranty, a brand new MOT, a brand new full service, full service history and one previous owner, 19K, I am very happy with it, will post up some picts when she comes home.
and make sure you have one of these following you:
img.axd

and make sure you have one of these following you:
img.axd
No, they do around 32 average to the gallon these days lol, the old 2.8 litres were 20 ish not the modern engines.

Have looked at the grand cherekee fella, the new ones are great, 5 years warrenty etc, but the older versions have very bad press regarding the on board computer, if the warrenty was 5 years I would go for one, but a second hand one will have 6 months at best and 20k will only get me a 2014 with 40k on the clock so a no go.
if youre doing alot of country roads go with an x5 , petrol as youre not going to be saving that much on fuel with the diesel , it handles like a car and moves like its got hot coals up its pooper

my grand cherokee was fun to drive....in a straight line, bit boaty on the road

rang rover sport was meh, engine head/pistonheads melted in about a month of use

if you go with rangey take out a warranty! watched a review of a guy who spent 16-17k and within a year had spent 18k servicing the thing

The trick is to buy the last ones in the range. Hence the 2011/12 L322. These years and that engine have a great reputation for reliability. Yes it has design issues that frustrate me but what car doesn't? One thing is you will not get a better 4x4. It is amazing off road and on road.

The other issue is maintenance. People just do not maintain them properly. People purchase really old RRs for relatively cheap money because they want a RR but cannot afford a decent one then also cannot justify £1500 yearly cost in maintaining them. Then they moan when things start to go wrong.

If people want a decent RR then they need to stump up the money it costs to buy a decent one. People buying old dogs then complaining about them is ridiculous.
£1500 a year?!?! which dealership are you using?!?! lol pass me the number.

buy a toyota hilux.not even the idiot clarkson managed to destroy one of them.

that's because there's no main dealers in the badlands. vehicles need to be reliable.

£1500 yearly cost in maintaining them. .

You are correct Neil they can cost this amount, the Shogun service is 700 a year for the service then there is tyres, 1500 sounds right, luckily I can afford to run one.

Lexus 400H - 3.3 petrol / hybrid. 30 to gallon, goes like **** of a shovel, loads of torque, good in snow. Have had one from new (2008) 160k on clock and so far the only issues I’ve had is normal wear an tear on brakes. Over engineered for US market I’m told.

I know it doesn’t matter now because he has the 4x4 now but I seem to remember that you can’t use a hybrid for towing. Anyway, have you hacked your info system so you can use the sat-nav while driving?:)

I know it doesn’t matter now because he has the 4x4 now but I seem to remember that you can’t use a hybrid for towing. Anyway, have you hacked your info system so you can use the sat-nav while driving?:)
I’m told that they are really good for towing due to the electric motors and variomatic style gearing. Mine had no issues pulling my builders transit up a slope and out of the mud plus Lexus didn’t raise any eyebrows when they fitted a tow bar :D

You can use Hybrids for towing but need to check the towing weight limits and to be honest it will kill the MPG figures.

Reply to Best 4x4 for 20K . in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net