Discuss best cable for free view? in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

amckay

Hi there iv upgraded my TV to a smart HD and all the BBC channels are getting blocks of pixels asif the signal is crap but I live less than 10miles direct line to winter hill. It happens on other channels aswel but most channels are received perfect. I got a gold plated cable to plug into the TV from socket outlet and that didn't help so I'm guessing the cable is at fault? I'll upgrade the aerial too but what type of cable will best help with my problem?

Some transmitters on certain frequencies have a lower KW rating than others,I have trouble on certain channels and nothing to do with my cable or aerial its just that some are 10kw and others 20kw,maybe an amp may help out if cable upgrade dont work,on short runs even the cheapest of aerial coax should be good enough.

If you live so close to a transmitter then assuming aerial and connections are ok it's just possible you are receiving too strong a signal in which case you'd need to fit an attenuator,these days you can buy a signal strength meter from somewhere like toolstation for about a tenner,takes all the guesswork out of it.

Reply to best cable for free view? in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Hi, I'm splitiing a signal from my main TV Aerial using an 8 way booster which is located in the loft The Tv's on the longest cable run from the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, Slightly strange one this - I think. Reception on the BBC Channels and one or two other Digital Channels breaks down now and again and I...
Replies
Views
Ok Hello all and thanks for having me. I need some advice and joined this forum hoping to be pointed in the right direction. First off I am not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
After several years with a sky dish, my parents asked me to do something with their old aerial setup. The aerial, high up on the gable was a...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi guys Looking to improve our current viewing situation at home. We currently have Sky dish providing Sky + HD in lounge and Sky multi room in...
Replies
Views
PVKitsDirect
P

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock