Discuss best complaints stroppiest customer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Got moaned at the other night by a family friend who I'm doing their whole 6 bedroom house for dirt cheap ( occupied as well) for not getting the job done, the wife said she can't live like this no more because I have not second fixed the new kitchen exstention they have had built, told me she has not had any lights or power in her kitchen, well, the ceilings are not even plastered yet and the room is empty, kitchen is getting fitted till end if march, and she was having a go at me, unbelivable , oh and the kitchen people ****ed up their drawing which I told them a month ago that it did not measure up correct but they insisted it was correct and to first fix so they could plaster the walls, guess what?? All I'm saying is never working for family friends who have not got a clue in the building game again. The other classic was I told them prior to works that the chasing out was going to cause dust and they said no problem, after one day of chasing out they where both on the verge of a breakdown, even tho I hired a wall chaser and dust extractor out if my own money and told me there was to be no more chasing out done!!!!!!!

And the moral of the story is, never, ever work for or employ friends or family !!!

One job that i think about was fitting a new doublesocket in the hall for a lady in her later years. House was really welldecorated so I took the trouble to chop out the back box really carefully.Positioned socket on the other side of the wall of an existing socket to cutinto the ring. Result was no patching up and looked like no one had beenworking.
Lady then told me that I had cone it wrong and needed torun wires and chisel out her walls, otherwise the socket would not work.
“What do you want to use this socket for” I asked.
“Hoover” she replied. I plugged the hoover in and itworked to her amazement. After reflecting on things she said “Batteries…..Youhave fitted batteries, haven’t you”
I tried to convince her that I did know what I was doingbut in the end I promised that I would replace the batteries when they were flat.
That was best part of 30 years ago and to my knowledgethe socket is still working.

i was fitting a night storage heater in a housing association property, using a hammer drill to drill for fixings lady has a sh fit it and demands i fit a silencer to the drill as shes got a hangover, probably shouldn't have asked what her huge belly had to do with needing a silencer, sometimes mouth bypasses brain - if i could have got a silencer would have got the gun to go with it

The Gaffer send me to do a board change (25 final circuits) at a large house in the stockbroker belt at Sandbanks. The client had insisted that it had to be done after lunch because the lady of house "Didn't do mornings!" I arrive at the agreed time of 1pm, greeted at the door by the lady of the house who's first words to me are "You must be finished by 4pm because my afternoon tea group can't miss Countdown." I told her the conundrum was a seven letter hyphenated word (4&3), starting and ending with F!

You obviously know it Ian

No I don't actually it was when I was at sea one off the other Leckys said to the Chief lecky that he was from geordie land and asked where about, the Chief Lecky said he was from South Shields to which the other lecky whon was from Benwell in Newcastle hit the roof calling him a sand dancer I decided it was a case off stage left and make a quick exit.

Had a "deranged lady" council tenant pull a knife on me and stand in the way of the front door telling me I wasn't leaving unit till her electric shower was fixed (complaining no hot water) after a water pressure test turns out it was low pressure and not a fault which didn't go down well..... I phoned 999 and told her she'll do time for kidnap lol she soon opened the door and swore at me to leave. Don't mess with a woman and her shower..... :s

The amount of times when ive had power off in someones house and they've offered me a brew....i've said yes thinking maybe they'll have a gas kettle but knowing full well that the blondey will come running back to me confused...and they do!

Mark the kettles not working.............doh!

As for complaints just usual too loud, too early blah blah blah...One funny one does come to mind though...

Was working on a caravan site, one of the caravan owners (who i wasn't working for) came and asked me if he could borrow my shifter/adjustable...i'd literally lost it 2days ago, i said i don't have one...im using single spanners at the moment you can take them if you want and try them. Little did i know a full blown argument would start...

look just give me your shifter...
i honestly dont have one, use the singles...
im not gonna knick it can i just borrow it...
I DONT HAVE ONE...
dont shout at me i just want to borrow your shifter...
LOOK I DONT FING HAVE ONE...
YOUR A BLOODY FRIENDLY BLOKE...storms off and goes and reports me to the caravan sales office lol.

Felt like smacking him, completley braindead - didn't understand the meaning of i don't have one for some unknown reason. nob.

Give over Geordie, your favoruite pub/bar is 'the yard' just over road from Jurys Inn.

Not me ..... but probably my bone idle never had a job in his life benefits scrounging bent as a nine bob note makes my skin crawl son. :32:

These days, the only pub I go to is whichever one Tidy Boiler takes me to.

Reply to best complaints stroppiest customer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net