Discuss Best Electrical video blogger? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. Let’s have a thread on favourite electrical video blogs. At the moment I really rate GSH electrical at Tresham College and John Ward as being most informative. There are few few others out there but without mentioning names, talk a good job but focus too much on their early morning coffee and breakfast and the inside of their van.

Ok. Let’s have a thread on favourite electrical video blogs. At the moment I really rate GSH electrical at Tresham College and John Ward as being most informative. There are few few others out there but without mentioning names, talk a good job but focus too much on their early morning coffee and breakfast and the inside of their van.
You need to stop Nagin Al :confused:

I dont watch really electrical video blogs, Ive only looked at the ones posted up on here.

I suppose it depends on the reason for watching ?
There are some informative training videos, but personally find these people that go around recording their day to day jobs annoying and egotistical.

In reality what normal electricians really have time to make and spend hours recording and editing videos every week.

John Ward is the most technical and I wouldn't be surprised if he is not on the autistic spectrum - Aspergers?, he clearly knows his stuff and has a passion for it.
Thomas Nagy for some of the nifty video editing, Very clever marketing via youtube for the trendy London market he operates in, it wouldn't work out in the shires but London he has it spot on as he is now taking on another employee. So business is doing well. not sure about the actual content but its works for him.
GSH good for trainees and college kids.
BigClive is good for all round entertainment and humour.

Personally I haven't got the time to be playing around with a camera and uploading stuff to Youtube each week, doubt half of my customers even use it. Some dont even have a smart phone!

Personally I haven't got the time to be playing around with a camera and uploading stuff to Youtube each week, doubt half of my customers even use it. Some dont even have a smart phone!

They'd never get my best side, always be showing my fat face, which is not a true reflection of my personae .

John Ward is the most technical and I wouldn't be surprised if he is not on the autistic spectrum - Aspergers?, he clearly knows his stuff and has a passion for it.
Thomas Nagy for some of the nifty video editing, Very clever marketing via youtube for the trendy London market he operates in, it wouldn't work out in the shires but London he has it spot on as he is now taking on another employee. So business is doing well. not sure about the actual content but its works for him.
GSH good for trainees and college kids.
BigClive is good for all round entertainment and humour.

I haven't learned anything useful from Thomas Nagy, but I've acquired lots of useful information from John Ward. His knowledge of the trade is extensive and his passion infectious. He gets my vote. SparkyNinja comes a close second.

I haven't learned anything useful from Thomas Nagy, but I've acquired lots of useful information from John Ward. His knowledge of the trade is extensive and his passion infectious. He gets my vote. SparkyNinja comes a close second.
What about Chris Kircher?

So sorry got his surname wrong It'd Christopher Kitcher.
Just type in a test you want explained and he is the grey white haired guy in a bluey type golf style shirt on. On a personal note I prefer him to JW although JW is also very good.

hahahaha ...... I made exactly the same mistake Pete when doing my search. Thanks for the heads-up ..... now I can subscribe to his channel.:)

I trust that his videos are as informative as are his books.

Still waiting for JW to play a tune on that old looking electric organ / synth that sits behind him in the room that he blogs from.

It’s intetesting watching some of these blogs develop with manufacturers jumping on and promoting their products. Those of you with kids will be well aware of the YouTube gamers like Dan TDM that make millions just playing games online.

It’s intetesting watching some of these blogs develop with manufacturers jumping on and promoting their products. Those of you with kids will be well aware of the YouTube gamers like Dan TDM that make millions just playing games online.
Well that Thomas Nagy bloke is now sponsored by a tool supplier who give him all the tools he needs for free! so the videos are having a benefit as he dont need to buy them anymore. he is raffling off his van now too, as he is getting a couple of new ones to meet the mayors emission zone rules.

the good thing about JW is you know he's getting sent broken crap to dissect so you can trust his judgement.
More screen friendly such as TN are fun to watch, but more easily bought. "Oh wow some free wire cutters, blah blah" ok it's the price of watching but I don't want to watch him raving about free stuff, I'd rather he raved about something he paid full price for. If I got free stuff I'd be inclined to be pleased with it!

20180812_085422.jpg
Cat seems engrossed in John ward latest video.

Tom haggots videos are enjoyable but many fluff while John ward known his stuff and very informative but not the most exiting present or.

Also if you into the more electrical engineering stuff Eevblog and for funny stuff electroboom

The likes of Thomas Nagy channel IMHO is for already qualified electricians who love their job & enjoy getting home from work & watching Thomas float about the posh West End. His first few videos were good for us trainees, but now he has got a lot bigger he seem to have lost interest.

GSH electrical is mainly based on those who are currently undergoing their level 2 2365 or EAL, defiantly up there for the best for me as Trainee.

JW is great for everyone IMO from Trainees to those qualified.

Chris Kitcher videos on testing are very good but he has not a video for over 2 years.

Reply to Best Electrical video blogger? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net