Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Best LED downlights? Favourite brand for ease of fitting / quality and longevity of unit in the Lighting Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. str1ke

str1ke EF Member

Hi all, just wondered what people's go to LED downlights are. I've worked for a couple of companies and both seemed to have cheap and cheerful as a preference- just replacing as required if they stopped working. What would u fit if u were to fit them for yourself? Preferably changeable with lamps, dimmer not required and same lighting level as halogens. Warm white obvs. Thank u in advance for your suggestions :)

2. suffolkspark

suffolkspark Electrician's Arms

I either fit JCC V50 as fully intergrated option cost about £11.50+vat

Or JCC GU10 cans which can be had for £3.85 +vat + a LED GU10 lamp (+£2)

3. stevethesparks

stevethesparks Electrician's Arms

JCC Hybrid 9's & LED10's

4. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

I generally always fit a downlight with gu10 lamp I'm not a fan of integrated fittings as when they fail you end up changing the whole fitting rather than just a lamp

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Based on personal experience - be very wary of JCC's so called 10 year warranties.

The recently discontinued JCC 6 tilt - they have ABSOLUTELY no stock for warranty replacements .............. not impressed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. str1ke

str1ke EF Member

Thanks for the suggestions, will give them a look!

7. chris gray

chris gray Electrician's Arms

Personally we use luxna

8. chris gray

Isn’t that breach of contract?

9. Murdoch

I think so and have made sure the JCC rep for my area knows my feelings

so JCC, if you are reading this .................... your practice STINKS.........

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Murdoch

You may think its funny BUT the time I have WASTED trying to placate my client doesn't bare thinking about .............

God only knows what happens next time 1 goes wrong ........

11. chris gray

I find it funny that they’re incapable of holding true to their warranty, not your situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Murdoch

I don't find it funny, I find it incredibly unprofessional ....... so buying more JCC products is now not top of my list.

13. chris gray

We had an issue with luxna. We had installed approximately 50 downlights across various dimmable banks. I literally tried every single one of their ‘approved’ dimmer mods but to no avail and was just made to look like a complete plonker due to he non comparability

14. chris gray

I was literally guaranteed by my local wholesaler that all manufacturers are obliged to hold enough stock to validate all liable warranties

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  15. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

This is a large reason why I fit a fitting with a GU10 lamp, the warranty issue is far from limited to just JCC. With the ever improving LED technology and better output, CRI etc, many if not all dedicated downlights available now you will not be able to get the hold of in 5 years.

• Agree Agree x 1