Discuss Best quality electrican tools..... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Tools all of them any make I don't mind, mind you those CK stubbies will look good, when I get them.
What did you get, show the pics for @Pete999 poor fella is only allowed to win tools these days lol

I have some wera, the straights are ok, but Pz1 and 2 don’t keep their tips well, especially the brass coloured sets, I really like the Klein screwdrivers for the Pz, but find the CK straights are nicer sized for ceiling roses and light switches than any of the Klein straights.

Shears I use 8” Hellermann Tyton
Side cutters are knipex and Klein
Pliers are knipex and Klein
Pointers are Avit.

Never was keen on the CK cutting tools as others said, they don’t keep their edge the same as Knipex does.

I know a lad who went through 5 pairs of ck shears in the time I had a set of the HT ones 6 months later they were replaced as were worn to too loose feeling for me, but they were still as sharp as the day they were bought.

And they’re 65% of the cost of the CK.

It really is a case of trying out stuff and seeing what you like personally.

I have some cheap items in my toolbox because I like the way they feel in my hand or how they operate. And I’ve bought dearer items like the knipex 6 in 1 pliers that to me feel like one of those crappy multitools based on a leather-man, they are just not for me at all. Yet I know loads on here love them.

I don’t even know where I put the set I bought lol
Come on Mate pictures pretty please, my CK kit hasn't arrived yet.

I’ve bought dearer items like the knipex 6 in 1 pliers that to me feel like one of those crappy multitools based on a leather-man, they are just not for me at all. Yet I know loads on here love them.

I don’t even know where I put the set I bought lol
Yeah I have a set of these, I agree with you I couldn't use them for everyday use, I tend to use them as long nose pliers only.
I'd rather use side cutters and normal pliers for second fixing, but I know a lot of people like using croppers/shears instead.

I have knipex sidecutters and pliers and CK and wera screwdrivers, the thing is that every person on a building site likes quality drivers and pliers so they will get stolen leading to the buying of 3 of each every year and good pliers and sidecutters are £50.

Other sparks like to pinch stuff as well, especially the well off ones that don't outwardly appear the type to take your stuff

once had some tools nicked by a plumber. as it was a domestic site, easy to find the culprit.
socket tester, screwdriver set, and a volt stick all found in back of said plumber's van.
result. tools returned and a wet-pants en route to A&E.

Knipex for me definitely!
Bit more costly but worth every penny.
Wiha screwdrivers, set for £21 from amazon. Top quality

My firs set of pliers and side cutters were Elliot Lucas
Pliers, cutter Eliot Lucas, set of screwdrivers Stanley 24s Still got one driver, been scouring car boots for more examples, Steadfast terminal screwdriver, Lamp holder, Flex and a pigmy lamp served as a test lamp, Gladstone bag as a tool bag, they were the Dogs do das, no poncy zips and pockets , chuck it all in, two handles job done, bib and brace overalls. looked the biz in those days.

Last edited:
Pliers, cutter Eliot Lucas, set of screwdrivers Stanley 24s Still got one driver, been scouring car boots for more examples, Steadfast terminal screwdriver, Lamp holder, Flex and a pigmy lamp served as a test lamp, Gladstone bag as a tool bag, they were the Dogs do das, no poncy zips and pockets , chuck it all in, two handles job done, bib and brace overalls. looked the biz in those days.
Very rare to see anyone one site in a bib and brace overall these days except for the painters one but they don't count.

You are all brand slaves. Eclipse pliers @ about £15 per set. VDE drivers....used to be totally stanley back in the day but now i just pick up whats on offer if im nearing the end of the current drivers life...choose between ck wera or drapper....All do what it says on the tin. I so miss my 1st set of "Big boy's" pliers black handled eclipse...had them for easy 7 years before they fell down a hole that was too deep and narrow to consider retrieval..... To be totally honest I actually mourn the loss of a pair of pliers as it begins to feel like an extension of your hand...screwdrivers come and go lol...ima bit like that with hacksaws too....there is probably a name for my "illness" somewhere. lol

Reply to Best quality electrican tools..... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock