Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Best RCBO CU? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. WPD Lad

WPD Lad Guest

Hi all,

Wondered if I could pick your collective brains, I'm possibly looking to install an RCBO only board on my newly re-wired house and wanted to know the best make/model? I'll then weigh up the options of dual split rcd with 2 RCBO on the unprotected side or full RCBO.

Cheers

2. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

Can't recommend any specific boards for you, as i don't know what's available these days in the UK. What i will say, is go for an RCBO board every time, you'll not have a fraction of the problems associated with dual split RCD boards.... Those things are a cheap alternative to doing things properly, and you can pay dearly over the years, for taking that cheap route!! lol!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. High Tower

High Tower Trusted Advisor

In my humble opinion, Hager every time!

• Like Like x 3
  4. WPD Lad

WPD Lad Guest

Is there plenty of room up top?

How much are the breakers trade?

5. WPD Lad

WPD Lad Guest

Cheers BTW

6. High Tower

High Tower Trusted Advisor

Loads of room, infact probably the roomiest board out there!!, and price wise it's about comparable to Crabtree

• Like Like x 1
  7. jpm646

jpm646 Guest

No more than £20

8. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Silly question maybe, but if your property is newly rewired why hasn't it got a shiney new board?

• Like Like x 1
  9. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    but is it newly rewired except for the CU?

10. polo1

polo1 Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    GW Electrical & Security
    Hager for me too, paying £18.50 for RCBOs at the mo.

Regards.

11. timo1

timo1 Electrician's Arms

I use wylex although they can be quite tight for space, but look neat when dressed in well. RCBO's about £15 - 18. I like Hager but use Wylex as they are IMO good mid range brand and breakers easy to buy B&Q if in a jam after 5.30!

12. WPD Lad

WPD Lad Guest

Most of the first fix wiring is in but I've not made my mind up on the CU yet, house is miles off being liveable so I've got a while to make my mind up, just wanted some opinions on brands. Thanks for all the replies

13. TJS

TJS Guest

I like Wylex

14. mogga

mogga Just me Electrician's Arms

I dont do domestic much but came across an MK sentry C.U. the other day 16th edd split board LOADS of room up top absolutly heaps

Im lookin at fitting nice shiney new C.U. in the house and Im looking at the RCBO route but Im seeing about a M.G. 1ph as they have Hunners n Hunners of room
    Fittted a newlec C.U. other day 17th edd n thought to my self " theres not much room once you have all those cross split board connections flying all over the place SURLEY there is a better way to do this As for the bussbar at bottom n having to remove it to fit an MCB give me switchable M.G. every day no need to kill full db to change,add a circuit

15. supasparxs

supasparxs Electrician's Arms

That's what I was quoted a couple of weeks ago by my wholesaler. And about £3 for a Hagre MCB.

I've lighting upgrade in a shop coming up