Discuss best way to control heating at holiday home, appr in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

customer looking to control his heating from home he mentioned googles nest

looks the dogs but he has a heating circuit for upstairs, and 3 underfloor heating circuits for down stairs, seems to me that he needs 4 nest thermostats and that will be just two expensive.

if i ask him he probably would put all the actuators downstairs so one stat controls all of downstairs, but before i advise that im looking if there is a simple way for this to happen

he rents the property out and people leave the heating on,w he also wants to put it on when hes on his way down there,

lutron might be your solution, but it ain't cheap.

I found the most cost effective method to save on heating is to take the women out of the house for good.... they are never warm enough, then summer arrives and they are too hot! :disappointed:

turn the gas off and buy the tenants overcoats. ssssimplesss.

I have nest and if I'm honest I wouldn't recommend it.
I miss features like being able to switch the heating on for a few hours (boost)

when you program you can't just simply turn it on and off.
You have to set a heat to get to (say 21*) and then set a lower heat to get it to go off which is a bit of a ball ache.
Wish I had done more research and got hive now.

I have nest and if I'm honest I wouldn't recommend it.
I miss features like being able to switch the heating on for a few hours (boost)

when you program you can't just simply turn it on and off.
You have to set a heat to get to (say 21*) and then set a lower heat to get it to go off which is a bit of a ball ache.
Wish I had done more research and got hive now.

i thought you could switch it on and off, just do it on the app???

Honeywell EvoHome will do the job, you'll be able to get stats for each of the zones/underfloor zones which will then all be displayed on the main EvoController. I fitted one a few week ago and he can see a temperature for his House (Rads), Kitchen (UF), Utility (UF) and hot water. The evo system will allow you to do up to 12 Zones.

Reply to best way to control heating at holiday home, appr in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net