Discuss Best way to get work signed off in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Martyn68

This is my first posting on this forum.

I have recently changed careers after 20 years working in local government. I've done a fair bit of house renovation work in the past, but I am now making it a full time job, and so purchased a 100+ year old house in need of complete renovation.

In order to do my own electrical work I went to a local training college and did my 2390, part P and 17th edition qualifications. I considered joining a competent person scheme but as I will probably be doing at most 2 projects a year it is an expense that I'm not sure is worth it at this time.

I am now coming to the end of my first project and having done a complete rewire, I need the appropriate certification in order to re-sell.

Is notification direct to Building Control my only/cheapest option, or would an electrician be able to inspect and sign off the installation for me.

only the installer can sign off the work. in your situation, i believe napit have a scheme called just 8, whereby you can have a limited membership if you are only doing a few notifiable jobs per annum.

only the installer can sign off the work. in your situation, i believe napit have a scheme called just 8, whereby you can have a limited membership if you are only doing a few notifiable jobs per annum.

Napit no longer offer the Just 8 scheme

Building control is probably your best (and ideal) option.

Hi, my nic eic inspector told me there was a 3rd party cert required for this as i made a mistake a few years ago and filled in a new installation cert on behalf of somebody else who was competant but not part p

When you notify to building control it 'should' be prior to commencement of any work.
They may choose to visit at the end of the first fix before any cables are covered.
Then again, all LABC's seem to have different views on this so best to contact them.

Reply to Best way to get work signed off in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net