Discuss bit of an iphone genius in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bobby101

hi all dont know if ur like me that since having an i phone it feels like its is now part of my toolbox of sorts .. anyways i came across this gem of an app some may know of it some may not anyway the app is called dropbox and it allows you to keep all documents pdf / word etc into a app that gives you access to these documents so very handy no more sending myself emails then accidently deleting it, brill but i thought i would be a great idea if you could post on this thread providing links to really useful info, best practice guides, usefull info for the working sparky on one thread then it would save a lot of time hunting about if you build it they will come arf arf hope this works :D

I'm working on something for the forum at the moment along these lines so for now chaps I'd respectfully ask that you dont fill this thread with links and bear with me.

Cheers.:disguise:

Think that sort of functionality is being built in to iOS 5 which Apple are releasing as a free upgrade in September or October. Going to make life even easier apparently as it will also wirelessly sync all your contacts, calendar notes, music and apps across all iOS and Macs (plus Windows too with a bit of software). In theory a lost or dead phone will never again be a problem as your data will either be in the Cloud or on another device. Is the Dropbox app free? Guessing it's best using a WiFi connection or over 3G if your data plan allows?

Favourite new app for me is the Rugby World Cup 2011 app! Can't wait for the 10th! :D

I too find the my iPhone a useful bit of kit,

Not only is it a phone/sms, i can browse the net quickly and efficiently for user manuals/suppliers/tech advice

Use the TomTom on there quite a lot, saves setting up my normal satnav

Compass & spirit level for orientation/pitch angles when surveying PV

LED light quick and handy when looking at a small job etc..

Camera

Email

The odd game whilst having some dinner !

The list is endless and id be certainly lost without mine, great idea from the OP too !

I too find the my iPhone a useful bit of kit,

Not only is it a phone/sms, i can browse the net quickly and efficiently for user manuals/suppliers/tech advice

Use the TomTom on there quite a lot, saves setting up my normal satnav

Compass & spirit level for orientation/pitch angles when surveying PV

LED light quick and handy when looking at a small job etc..

Camera

Email

The odd game whilst having some dinner !

The list is endless and id be certainly lost without mine, great idea from the OP too !

Yep, and i bet your paying through the nose for all those facilities too!! UK as i understand it has some of the highest tariffs in Europe, if not the world!! Here i'm not paying, it's a company mobile,(and dirt cheap as i understand) ... but in Cyprus it costs next to nothing to make a Cyprus wide call, and international calls were a fraction of what the phone companies in Rip Off Britain charge!!! lol!!! :D

Ironiclly no, my iPhone is jailbroken so apps cost nothing at all

im on a £45 a month plan with free iPhone 4, however a friend works at Orange and i got the friends and family discount code + work subsidise me around £25 per month for using it

I end up having to pay £1 per month for 1600 xnet anytime mins, unlimted text, unlimited data, 50 mms messages, and orange maps

since iv had my Iphone, i don't get any bloody work done. love sky go sky sports news ( deadline day ) been on all day. who cares about work anyway footy's more important :yesnod:

Reply to bit of an iphone genius in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock