Discuss bit of guidance as suffering from empty head syndrome in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I was asked to check electrical work in a mates garage, workshop, office,and valet bay. both the sub boards in the office area and valet area are fed from 40a mcbs to sub boards using 10mm t&e . Would i class the supplies as final circuits as fed from mcbs at the main dist board as trying to work out if cpc in t&e adequate to supply sub board. Am I overthinking this he has just purchased this building and it was rewired for previous owner and the install is decent and test readings all acceptable inc zs at sub board circuits. But I have this nagging in the back of my mind telling me the earth to the sub boards should be 10mm same as line and neutral.
As I said empty head or over thinking this
cheers

As westward 10 says, you are over thinking this. A PME bond of min 10mmsq is only reqd for main bonding. These are sub mains leading to final circuits with the main bonds separate. Sleep well!

Reply to bit of guidance as suffering from empty head syndrome in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good Evening. I’m currently carrying out an EICR. I have a cooker circuit radial with a 32amp mcb fed from and RCD split board. There is a 45amp...
Replies
Views
Morning guys, I would like some advice, currently at my workplace, I am replacing a DB and existing wiring in a warehouse. One of the ways feeds...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, When checking my consumer unit voltages with the full board off, I stumbled across something head scratching. Measuring the feed...
Replies
Views
I have a TPN board that will feed 8-10 sub boards. The loads on each board are negligible 5-10 amps peak but mostly 1-2 amps. The distribution...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock