Discuss Bit of help with meter setup in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Ducksy

Ok new hobby of mine is checking customers DNO supplies and getting a feel for whats what......

hopefully you guys could help me understand whats going on in this pic....

So im guessing the meter on the right is Eco 7.........whats the little sealed block on the left next to the two Henley blocks.

the Henley blocks feeds two 4 way wylex BS3036 boards.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bit of help with meter setup {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

the box to the left of the two henley blocks looks like the MET to me ??

- - - Updated - - -

also where is the actual DNO cutout ?

Thats what i thought........but why does the neutral from the eco meter go into it???

Haven't got a clue where the DNO fuse is.....only took this pic on the way out of the door.

Ducksy, you need to get out a bit more mate. There's these things called beer and girls, great fun man.

Sorry, too much of an opportunity to miss.

Haha thanks trev.......i used to spot trains but they move to fast and i got scared ;)

Am i right that if a CCU change was carried out to the above meter setup because the cables runs in the walls from METER to CCU the tails would need to be on a RCD

Does look a bit odd not sure what the red cable on the right is for. The time clock supply is normally unmetered. The green wire may be a time switch signal rather than an earth.
Anyway these are my thoughts on cabling (hope the picture is readable)
Bit of help with meter setup IMG_0748 text - EletriciansForums.net

Does look a bit odd not sure what the red cable on the right is for. The time clock supply is normally unmetered. The green wire may be a time switch signal rather than an earth.
Anyway these are my thoughts on cabling (hope the picture is readable)
View attachment 17570

Thanks Richard your picture is very helpful......what I don't know is why did the dno not put the fuse in the same place ?

Would I be right in thinking this time clock has a built in contactor?
If so, I would say cables 1&2 are the supply for the time clock and the E7 supply to be switched by the contactor. Cable 3 would be the switch supply to change the rate on the meter from 1 to 2 with the contactor coming in at the same time. Cable 4 would be the neutral for the time clock and finally cable 5 would be the switched live to the DB via the contactor.

Reply to Bit of help with meter setup in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock