Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Black Friday Trade Deals 2017 (Tool Whores...) in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Strima

Strima Electrician's Arms

Anyone spotted any decent Black Friday deals yet?

Yes I know it's only Thursday but some have started early.

I did see a Dewalt Combi drill with few quid off but only had one battery with it, that was through Trade Point.

2. kingeri

kingeri Trusted Advisor

Apparently me and the wife need to sit down tomorrow and order all my son's presents for Xmas and his birthday (which is just after Xmas). Doesn't look like I'll have any money left for new tools.

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. sevuk

sevuk Regular EF Member

4. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    Where's Pete for all tool tart related unless his out buying them.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. PEG

PEG Trusted Advisor

Oooo,Black Friday you say....i may use the "event",to ring Megger for the sixth,yes,sixth time,in 12 months,to see if they have tempted that Groundhog day AVO835 out of its hutch,to foretell Spring weather...

I could handle it if they said it was "fake news" or a result of one of my magic-mushroom induced "tool dreams"...but every couple of months,i grip me decagon sided clover leaf,and ask if i can buy the first,and they tell me "testing issues" have pushed back the release date,and to "call us in a few months..."

If the sun really does,fail to rise in the morgen,and all lights emit no luminosity,resulting in the blackest of all Fridays...i will ring again :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. NDG Elecs

NDG Elecs Electrician's Arms

Good luck with that light mate! I have the 10W version, and it's decent enough but am on my third replacement in 12 months. To be fair Screwfix replace it no problem. The weak point is defo the switch, every time it has ended up jamming and would not switch on or off. However looking at the competition there isn't much that is any better unless you want to pay silly money though, so I will persist with it until something better comes along.

Re Black Friday; I had a sheet day all in all! Spotted one tempting cordless circular saw deal earlier - I think they knocked off approx £3.00 from the £170.00 asking price. What a bloody bargain!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sevuk

sevuk Regular EF Member

The switch is a bit rubbish... at least it was cheaper.

I have seen a site with 10% off test equipment, although it's a rival to the sponsors..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Strima

Strima Electrician's Arms

Just got £30 off a Dewalt laser level at my local wholesalers so not a wasted day.

Got £550 off a Sony 65" smart TV last year but I'm not spending that much cash this time around...

9. PEG

PEG Trusted Advisor

Couldn't help myself...rang Megger,and they will give me an answer in a week...

Anyone remember the J R Hartley/Flyfishing advert?

...I'm reliving it :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    What's your name it's.....

• Like Like x 1
  11. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    remember it well. also one of my favorites of all time ( along with the meerkats) is this little gem.....:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. static zap

static zap Regular EF Member

Mr Mega deals ?
    ( Real stores seem to have gone all Safety conscious )
    ( Only virtual customers can gather in droves )

13. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

My tip for saving money on black friday is keep your wallet in your pocket.............. spend nothing

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. kingeri

kingeri Trusted Advisor

People end up buying stuff they never would have bought if it wasn't 'a bargain'. I bought things I would have bought anyway, and perhaps saved a bit of money. But either way, I'm grateful that all my boy's pressies are sorted now. I find the whole thing a big pain in the backside and would much rather carry on with my head in the sand.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PEG

PEG Trusted Advisor

This is probably why the Russelites look so smug,when they call round your gaff,pushing the good news :)

16. GBDamo

GBDamo Regular EF Member

Pretty much all my hand tool purchases are amazon warehouse deals, typically boxed but opened but never used. Can get some real discounts not fanciful fractions of RRP.