Discuss Black / red cable connector in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Zahem

-
Reaction score
Hi. I have a black and red cable ( it’s actually for parking sensors in the car). The cables have been accidentally cut. As they are very short, attaching them back together using masking tape has not proved efficient. I need to buy a connector / terminal block of some type which has the ‘metal’ bit in the middle. The cables are very short thus I need a connector as mentioned. I have bought various items on eBay but none are correct. Can anyone recommend an item / ebay link or the correct name of what I need. Many thanks

Yeah, alas masking tape has its limitations as a jointing method. If the wires are too short or too tight to use a normal choc block or Wago connector then I'd do as Tel suggests and solder some patch wires in the middle using heatshrink sleeve to insulate.

For automotive applications, crimp connectors are usually best. I'd also recommend heat-shrink tubing to keep moisture out.

Reply to Black / red cable connector in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am swapping a light switch in France for a motion sensor with two simple connections. The switch I wish to remove has two black into one...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to rewire an old plug. I've rewired a few in my time, but all have been with the post-2006 wire colours. I have this old welder...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We've recently moved to a new build where the HMDI cable for the TV etc. are pre-fitted in the cavity of the wall. One end of the HMDI...
Replies
Views
Getting desperate to clear my small garage, and I have a bit of old red/black T&E. I used a few bits to add a socket or two in my flat and a...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock