Discuss Blown through the air? (Mail Online Article) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The good news is no one is seriously injured. The other news is several personal injury claims will be going in. The solicitors will be busy.

Could someone post the story directly on here as I don’t want to open anyDaily Mail and click bait links

I did think of that, linking to it is probably ok, but reproducing it on a public forum, I'm not sure?
Headline reads:
"Thirteen children suffer electric shocks and teacher is 'blown through the air' after metal playground fence and door handles are electrified during their lunch break"
Copy the link and check it, I assure you it's no more click-bait than the naturally occurring links on the M online page - no-one is forcing you to click on them.

I suspect there's a fair amount of exaggeration in the witness reports - kids would love the drama and I find it hard to believe the teacher was "blown across the room".
Some might argue that since it's in the Mail it must therefore all be fabricated.
It's probably all exaggerated, I can feel a compo claim coming on..however I would like to know what really caused it. I'm sure I won't be reading the reason in the Mail.

well it was 2014 so it was probably all sorted by now. But agree it sounds imprecise about what happened.

Railings may be bonded indirectly via CPCs on class I equipment mounted on them. No idea about door handles

well it was 2014 so it was probably all sorted by now. But agree it sounds imprecise about what happened.

Railings may be bonded indirectly via CPCs on class I equipment mounted on them. No idea about door handles

Because I stumbled across a reference to it on another related website while I was looking for info on RCBOs with switched neutral (due to another post on this site) and wondered if anyone knew any more about it.

Because I stumbled across a reference to it on another related website while I was looking for info on RCBOs with switched neutral (due to another post on this site) and wondered if anyone knew any more about it.
I assume that was a reply to SWD not to me? As I was just speculating on why a fence may be connected to the installation earth.

Is that pyro going to that socket or is it just some funky long gland or shroud you use in the UK?

Is that pyro going to that socket or is it just some funky long gland or shroud you use in the UK?

Most likely FP200 which for some unknown reason some people who use it insist on fitting pyro shrouds over the stuffing glands.
The use of FP200 as a general purpose cable is unacceptable in my opinion, but sine people seem to think it is a ‘one type suits all purposes’ cable.

Reply to Blown through the air? (Mail Online Article) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net