Discuss Bluetooth Speakers Wiring With Downlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jonno.ashworth

Hi,

I am converting a bedroom into a bathroom. I am replacing the old light with 4 downlight/spotlights.

I also want to fit some Bluetooth speakers in the ceiling. The only thing is the ones I am thinking of buying come with an adaptor that plugs into normal wall sockets but there wont be any in the ceiling space.

Is it possible to power these off the old light wiring along with the spotlights?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks

Jonno

cut plug off and connect into lighting circuit. obviously using a JB compliant with current regs.

Have you taken into account the humidity levels and do you need two speakers as I installed a single stereo speaker in my bathroom but connected to a Sonos Connect Amp, maybe a BT could be used.

I don't see the problem, he could just unplug the lead from the adaptor to isolate it.

A plug and socket is a permitted form of isolation. A lot of things in my house have this feature!

Reply to Bluetooth Speakers Wiring With Downlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, So In my bathroom i already have four downlighters and i am wanting to add two Bluetooth ceiling speakers (see link below) What do i...
Replies
Views
I am installing 9 LED downlights each with an RGB bulb in (i will try attach pictures on them) - anyway I have been told that they need to be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, DIY'er here looking for a bit of advice so please go easy on me. In my dining room there is an existing single pendant and i would like...
Replies
Views
I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock